VERY VERY UNIQUE BENGAL

Ajaygreybengal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Dear all members...

I have a puzzling enquiry which is really really bothering me as to my kitten.

So less than a month ago I became a proud owner of a bengal kitten HOWEVER....

He is Completely grey, his markings are black so I think we would classify him as blue. He was from a litter of six but almost double their size. Can cats have a case of gigantism? I have searched online High and low for any bengals like him there are none. His mother and father are both pure snow bengals making him really stick out of from his siblings.

He has his father's print although he is complete grey he has all the bengal markings being the crown between they'd the spots and unique markings that is associated with that breed and both parents are house cats and have never been around any other type of cat or breed.

But why can't I find a pure grey or blue bengal online....

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Dear all members...

He is Completely grey, his markings are black so I think we would classify him as blue. He was from a litter of six but almost double their size. Can cats have a case of gigantism? I have searched online High and low for any bengals like him there are none. His mother and father are both pure snow bengals making him really stick out of from his siblings.

He has his father's print although he is complete grey he has all the bengal markings being the crown between they'd the spots and unique markings that is associated with that breed and both parents are house cats and have never been around any other type of cat or breed.

If both parents are snow bengals, so his siblings and he is also a snow bengal...

So the question is, how come a point / snow bengal, is grey??

ONE possibility is its fever coat... How old is he? fever coat usually disappear after several months...

Another possibility, he may be a combo of siamese point gene and a burmese point gene (which would hint one of parents was perhaps not entirely purebred).

Such kittens do dark up much quicker than other pointed kittens.

Anyway, we need some good pics...

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
CFA accepts blue Bengals for showing. Do you have the pedigrees for the parents? They both have to be carriers for the dilute gene. Somewhere in the background, could be several generations back, they each have an ancestor who was a dilute color.

Pictures would be very helpful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ajaygreybengal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Dear all members...

IMG-20230206-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20230206-WA0012.jpg
IMG-20230209-WA0004.jpg
IMG_20230218_194513.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ajaygreybengal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all...

So these are the siblings including a black bengal from the parents I recently posted

Ajaygreybengal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does he look like any of these?
No I have seen this chart, the most unique of the litter that was produced is if you see the pictures I have posted you will see the parents....

However within the same litter their are two very unique coloured a kittens a black and blue bengal both with their parents spots and markings if you look closely.

These cats are house cats and are complete bengals as they have no interaction with other cats.

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Are all those kittens from the same litter according to the breeder? Produced by a pair of snow bengals?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Cute kittens. I don't suppose you have any photos of the parents do you?

Did you see the pedigree papers for both of the parents? Were these kittens bred by a registered breeder?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Looking at the pics. these kittens are lovely. But either its some genetics whom are waay above me, - or these arent kids of two purebred snow bengals... Although I do agree some Ancestor surely was a bengal....

Sorry.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ps. Proceeding to thinking... An oops litter isnt not unique [say momma managed to sneak out, and met a moggie], and may happen even among serious breeders. Even if a serious breeder wouldnt never sell the result as purebred, a serious breeder would just quietly find them good homes and sell for a rather symbolic price.

Nay, the problem is, although these typical bengal rosettes do detoriate when mixed out, but its not that dramatic detoriation just from mother to childs...
So, speculating, I would suspect momma wasnt purebred, even if she had appearance of a snow bengal.

Sorry.

I hope you didnt need to pay a full price for a snow bengal.

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
These cats are house cats and are complete bengals as they have no interaction with other cats.
I suppose with house cats you mean, inside only cats. :)

House cat is really a synonyme for a domestic, ie a "moggie".

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My boss bred bengals. She got some from Russia. She would get dark ones sometimes. She charged full price for them. Like around $3,000.00.

I have seen one black Savannah that didn’t have any markings. Could still tell she was a Savannah.

I wish I could remember who the parents were of the darker colored Bengals.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi all...

So these are the siblings including a black bengal from the parents I recently posted
To summarize what I think:
YOURS kid seems to be a decent look alike to blue bengal. His rosettes are visible; and the other forumites witness there is such as a blue bengal... Thus far, you are lucky, considering.

But looking on the whole batch, its clear yours isnt not an occasional trick of Mother Nature; an occasional blue bengal in a litter of snow bengals. None of them is anything alike a snow bengal (ie a whitish pointed bengal). One even really looks as a common mackerel tabby, even if we with a little imagination can see rests of rosette, and thus, there is probably an Ancestor... The third seems mostly as a black moggie. ?

My guess is it was some sort of an oops litter, with totally another tom.... AND my next guess is, momma isnt purebred, even if she looks decently alike a snow bengal, ie a whitish spotted pointed bengal, with blue eyes and all. Although I admit, this is more speculation than the first guess.

So again, YOU had luck whom got this good look alike of a ` blue rosetted bengal`

May I ask, did you payed full price, or was there any reduction?