Alpha Cat
Purraise
What kind of biopsy?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wannahelp

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
After a.few more vet visits, I was convinced not to get the bloodwork. I took my female out of quarantine. I will have her blood re checked but for now, nothing has really changed, aa far as what I can observe. That is, her cold/sinus symptoms have subsided to the regular chronic level and otherwise, she seems to be behaving normally.

puck

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
After a.few more vet visits, I was convinced not to get the bloodwork. I took my female out of quarantine. I will have her blood re checked but for now, nothing has really changed, aa far as what I can observe. That is, her cold/sinus symptoms have subsided to the regular chronic level and otherwise, she seems to be behaving normally.
For blood "recheck" if total protein was her only elevation, again this is no indicator of feline infectious disease, let alone peritonitis.

A fast evaluation of protein is to have the rDVM check a hematocrit tube in house, which will give PCV, packed cell volume, an estimate of red blood cells, and total protein. Uses less than 0.2mL blood, exceptional for sick kitties.

Still have ocular and nasal discharge? On nebulization therapy? Opthalmic meds if she does have ocular discharge? How is her appetite, impeded by congestion at all? Immunoboosting therapies include Vetri-Science Cell Advance and DMG, as well as L-lysine supplementation, of which I prefer Viralys paste as it's flavored, of known dose per mL paste, versus the Viralys/OptixCare or OTC powder or tablets impeding appetite when in food or being pilled manually.

wannahelp

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She has never had ocular discharge. All of the vets that I've aeen are very paasive. No ome has suggested anything you mentiomed, except Lysine, which has caused her to vomit in every form I have administered, so far. I will look into everything you've suggested. I appreciate the post.

puck

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nebulizing is as simple as closing her in your smallest bathroom with a shower or tub, turning up the steam, and having her breathe (nebulize) this in for 7 to 10 minutes multiple times daily. I do it every 4 hours if home, for a sick foster or patient I take home, or use the nebulizer unit if in hospital. I prefer the warm steam at home over the nebulizer's cold vapor mist, but can add medications like albuterol, acetylcysteine and essential eucalyptus or maleleuca oil to the nebulizer. I love lavender oil in the tub of hot water at home, to infuse the bathroom with a "calming steam" for those newly indoor fractious URI rescues that are fearful and sick.

veronica00

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Any update on this? What did your little one's illness turn out to be? 

wannahelp

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It seems like it was jist a flareup of her regular condition, which seems, to me, like it could be partly related to allergies. So, we're still dealing with chronic congestion but the vets.dissuaded me from getting further bloodwork. Meanwhile, I'm still searching for a new vet.

I appreciate the concern.