Very sweet, lovable kitten - but...

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So glad your baby's feeling better and starting to come out of her shell. In the past, I've spent tons of money on toys for my kitties, only to discover they're much happier playing with the box or bag the toys came in than the toys themselves! Mine love to play with the Q-Tip 'stick' after I've pulled the cotton off both ends, the top to the milk jug, the plastic thing at the center of a roll of tape (empty of tape of course), a nice box, and the Wal-Mart bag with the handles cut so they can't get their heads stuck. One thing you can do, is get a box and cut different shapes and sizes of holes in the sides for a toy. Make sure there's a hole big enough for her to get in/out of the box or "hidey hole".

stephanie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

magycmyste

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't have any spare boxes at the moment (I'd been throwing out a lot of packaging boxes before I got her).

One thing I've noticed the past couple of days is that she seems to enjoy going into the carrier sometimes! The door has a tendency to swing closed by itself, bu I've left it partially open as welll as I could so she can come and go into it as she pleased. Also, there's a hand towel in there that I rubbed her down with, in the hopes that she would stay calm when we took her to the vet on Saturday.

But, she's been walking into the carrier of her own free will, so hopefully, when it does come to traveling, it'll be a much easier journey on her if she feels safe in the carrier.

purrrplej

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some cats just aren't very playful by nature. Murray doesn't care about toys at all, with the exception of an interactive mouse-on-a-string toy. And he likes to bat around bottlecaps from water bottles. Other than that, the toys I bought for him were almost completely ignored, and I wound up donating them to an animal shelter. Overall, Murray would rather sit with me and keep me company than play with toys, unless I am playing with the interactive toy with him. He's just laid-back. So maybe your cat has a laid-back personality, too.