VERY skinny mother....what's wrong??

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She does eat their food. I mix kitten chow in with her can of food and they all eat that mixture. I was hoping she'd wean them so I could feed her some medicine without them getting in through her milk.

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no one can say i don't have cats
and the first time they did i could show them vet bills, ashton neuter spca card, lilly's vet bill for 183 dollars because she was pregant when she was fixed

a pic of me with a sign saying Val from the catsite...and i post sooooooooooooo many pics of my cats it's not even funny!

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
this is what you posted "she eats the kittens food as if she never gets to eat" My question is...shouldn't she be eating the same food as the kittens because she is still nursing?? She needs the extra calories. here eating kitten canned for with kitten dry food mixed in and probly what is best for her right now.

Originally posted by Gothic_Amethyst

She is sooooo skinny she looks like bones. She also has bad diareah. She stopped eating the dry food and now wont eat nothing but the kitten's canned food(mixed with kitten chow)and even though it's good she's eating something, that's not helping her get rid of the diareah eating canned food. I'm not sure why she is so skinny.She acts fine and meows alot. She drinks fine too. She eats the kittens food asif she never gets to eat...

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im not saying anyone in particular just that if someone doesnt believe me that it's just as possible someone doesnt believe the other person too. this is internet noone really knows. Oh and it's possible for someone to do a websearch and post cat photos claiming they are theirs that's y i was gonna use my webcam in yahoo or post a photo with me holding up a sign with a word with me and my cats so u would know it's me

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Mom of 10 Cats
LOL each of my cats has a thread on this site!
I don't beleave you sue!! Okay..i really just want more pics

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Gothic_Amethyst
Im not saying anyone in particular just that if someone doesnt believe me that it's just as possible someone doesnt believe the other person too. this is internet noone really knows. Oh and it's possible for someone to do a websearch and post cat photos claiming they are theirs that's y i was gonna use my webcam in yahoo or post a photo with me holding up a sign with a word with me and my cats so u would know it's me
if i ever catch anyone claiming anyone of my cats is there's they are going to have a HUGE law suit.

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Princess Purr
this is what you posted "she eats the kittens food as if she never gets to eat" My question is...shouldn't she be eating the same food as the kittens because she is still nursing?? She needs the extra calories. here eating kitten canned for with kitten dry food mixed in and probly what is best for her right now.
This is what i said in response to your other question about what she's eating in a post above(it answers this question too):
"She does eat their food. I mix kitten chow in with her can of food and they all eat that mixture. I was hoping she'd wean them so I could feed her some medicine without them getting it through her milk"

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BRB I need to go feed momma cat, her kittens, and my other cats. I cant reply untill i return...so if u ask something dont think im ignoreing you...ill reply when i get back in a little bit.BRB

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GA:

This question has been asked and answered over and over. The bottom line is that an animal who is ill needs to see a vet, and the people responsible for that animal shouldn't be making the determination as to whether the animal is "worthy" of being seen or treated. I have seen the common theme, as well. You own a large number of animals whithout the resources to care for them appropriately. The decision maker seems to be your grandmother, who is also unwilling to provide the proper care. My suggestion is to limit yourself to perhaps one cat until you can care for them yourself. I know the Humane Society always makes me sign a statement that I am aware that owning a pet is a lifetime commitment.

Since this thread has become little more than a back-and-forth argument of accusations and rebuttals, I am closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.