Very Sick Kitten!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ghostkitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
WEll over the weekend (powder paws)the kittens name :laughing: was doing so well,he was playing and our female cat was loving all over him..Well Sunday night in a matter of minutes he got very very sick
I sat up with him ALL NIGHT ..HE was sneezing and coughing and couldnt drink or eat...He was just so sick i didnt think he would make it thru the night...On thursday i had bought a flea comb and had gotten most of the fleas of him....SO yesterday i decided that this kitten had been thru so much i just WASNT going to let him die......SO i rung a vet and explained that i wasnt from here and that someone had dumped the kitten etc....He said to bring him down and he would look at him.....So i put her in the car and off we went to the vet...He had a high fever and had a very bad cold....oops and also roundworms.....
The vet weighed him and he weighed 1 pound 2 ounces...and was about 4 weeks old..We got some amoxil and the vet also wormed him..The vet said considering everything that the kitten had been through he was in great condition....The kitten wasnt anemiac at all....I was .
in the vets thinking he was going to die....NO the vet said..Powder Paws is going to be fine.....And he only charged me for the medication and i can pay that off little by little..
SO my kitten is still sleeping this morning but woke up at 4am to let me know he wanted Loves and Cuddles...The breathing is back to normal and the coughing and sneezing has subsided....I am just so RELIEVED!
Hopefully now after everything the kitten has been through i can give him a Loving home.....
Thanks for all your comforting messages...:tounge2:
Chez

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WHAT a heartwarming story. I'm glad the little one pulled through.

Keep Powder-Paws safe and well, and I'll be keeping fingers crossed that he's on the road to recovery.

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad to hear you were able to finally able to get this kitten to a vet, and that he is doing ok now.

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the best outcome (so far) we could have asked for! Sometimes the little ones just don't have enough stamina or natural immunities to recover without help. Please keep us informed on Powder Paws' progress.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad you were able to find a vet that understood your situation and was willing to work with you on payment arrangements. Some vets, I swear, are only concerned about the almighty dollar and not the animals that need their care.

Powder Paws is definitely getting a loving home with you. I love that name, too!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
this is the BEST news! I am so glad you took the kitty in and I LOVE the name you came up with! Good job all the way around!

autumngirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so happy you were able to find a vet with compassion!! Too bad they don't teach that in Vet school - the world would be a much better place for animal owners.

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah Powder Paws!!! Well, well there are still Vets out there were the pet wins out over
revenue !!! This is such wonderful thing!