very sick cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pattay_

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi!

the vet did call today for some news, and the only thing he said was too feed him feed him and feed him.. it's the only thing to do.. he also said if he starts to throw up, well that's a sign that his organs are failing and we'll have to bring him there right away. But until he gets better and/or worst, there's nothing he can do.

The baby food worked, he licked it off my finger and licked about 2 teaspoons + 2 teaspoons of gravy... that's as much as he wanted to eat... i think it's a good start. We'll see tomorow how he feels.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pattay_

hi!

the vet did call today for some news, and the only thing he said was too feed him feed him and feed him.. it's the only thing to do.. he also said if he starts to throw up, well that's a sign that his organs are failing and we'll have to bring him there right away. But until he gets better and/or worst, there's nothing he can do.

The baby food worked, he licked it off my finger and licked about 2 teaspoons + 2 teaspoons of gravy... that's as much as he wanted to eat... i think it's a good start. We'll see tomorow how he feels.
unfortunatly what he wants to eat likely won't be enough...... which is where you may need to intervene. However that sounds like an EXCELLENT start. If he does start throwing up it's not a great sign, but don't dispair, kismet was violently throwing up for about 3 weeks, and with anti-emetics and constant feeding (30 minutes after she'd throw up) we got her through it.

Good luck and keep it up. Try feeding him again in an hour or so.....

pattay_

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Guys,

unfortunatly, we found Kacey barely conscious this morning, and to avoid more suffering, we took the decision of putting him to sleep. He is now in a better place and resting in peace.

pattay_

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you to everyone for the support.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry. We all know how hard the decision is when it gets to this point and understand your pain. Sending healing vibes for you and to assure you that you did what you needed to do to end his pain.

heather40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. That is always such a hard decision to make, but you did the right thing to stop the suffering.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry you had to have your precious baby PTS.
I came across this thread a little too late to offer any advice - I'm sorry I missed it..

I wish the outcome could have turned out differently, but you probably did the right thing. Your baby is at peace now.

RIP, precious one.

~KK~

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Im so sorry! That is terrible news, but at least he's at peace now!

Play happily over the bridge....

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i was hoping along with everyone else that he would get better. i'm so sorry for your loss but he is without pain now.

RIP little Kacey.