Very sick 4 wk. old kitten - advice/vibes would be appreciated

berbdcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sending all the luck you can get from me... ;) best of all the luck for you and your cutie!! ={^-^}=

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laurelyn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the support and vibes, everyone. They were really appreciated.

The girl kitten who we never got the chance to name had to get put down this afternoon. The vets said it was very unlikely she would survive, even with the IV fluids, and that she was fading fast. Even though I only got to spend a few painful hours with her, she was a beautiful, fluffy, little angel who will join all of those other cats and kittens over the rainbow bridge. 

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry.  She was such a cutie.  Had she been healthy she would have been adopted quickly.  I know you said you don't have cats but occasionally foster.  I would hold off on any fostering for quite awhile along with doing the disinfecting in your home.  I would definitely not do any fostering this summer.

jodiethierry64

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Laurelyn I'm so sorry!!!!!
This is so heartbreaking!!! This is a horrible disease and I sure got educated!!!
My condolences! I know in the short time that you had
her you loved her!
R.I.P. Sweet Little Girl

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, I am so sorry, such a sad thing, to not have a chance to grow up and have a family.

Thanks so much for taking great care of her, she knew you were.

Hugs.

quiet

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss.

Honestly it doesn't matter how long you know them. You can form such a strong bond and such attachment in only a second. I know I have.

Really bad things just happen to such sweet little kittens for no reason at all and forgive my lack of vocabulary but it just plain old sucks bad. These experiences can change everything. I am sorry you  have lost your little kitten.

Please don't have any cat owning friends over for a while either. And make sure to disinfect the car as well as door knobs, phones, etc. One other thing that really sucks about this is that this could have been so easily prevented had a million different little things had happened or not happened. Vaccines, Spaying, Keeping indoors, Neutering etc.

I am so  sorry.