Very sensitive spot on skin

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a spot on my side, about the middle of my ribs, and the skin there is very painful. It's been that way since I woke up this morning and felt my shirt rub against the area. It feels almost like when I have a bruise, only there is nothing there... no bruise, no redness, nothing. It's been hurting all day and if I touch it at all it's very painful. Doesn't matter if it's pressure there or even the slightest touch, it just hurts. I've experienced this before but not on a regular basis, and it's never in the same area. I was just curious if anyone has ever experienced this and what it might be. I feel okay otherwise, but it's really worrying me. Any ideas?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get that at times also. Sometimes there is an internal bruise, but never surfaces.

I've also had where the bruise will take a day or two to surface.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you don't remember hurting yourself, and I'm sure you'd remember a hit to the ribs, then it's possible there could be some inflammation in the muscle or ribs themselves. Do you have any other aches and pains elsewhere? Or past problems with tendinitis?

Occasionally my ribs and the skin over them will get very tender for a few days, no obvious cause. I, of course, forgot to mention this to my doc.

If it persists have a doctor check it out. Though that's easier said that done on a holiday weekend.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you don't remember hurting yourself, and I'm sure you'd remember a hit to the ribs, then it's possible there could be some inflammation in the muscle or ribs themselves. Do you have any other aches and pains elsewhere? Or past problems with tendinitis?
Nothing else hurts, and no tendinitis that I'm aware of. I don't remember hurting myself but last night the cats were playing and I woke up to a claw to the shoulder and face by my ear. So it's very possible that I got hit while they were playing and didn't remember.