VERY SCARED ABOUT BLUE BUFFALO !!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How did you find out about that? Is that even legal for them to do that? They are basically lying on the food label. If they do this, then probably all dry food manufacturers do this too.

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
It is not illegal to list foods like this. Not all dry food manufactures do this; but, I'm sure there are many who do.

I cannot remember if it was one of our vets who pointed this out to me or a friend who works at a holistic pet store (this friend is VERY informed about different food brands/companies...even what days certain foods are processed on.) They carry Blue Buffalo in store so, they didn't tell me this to get more business.

molldee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Crystals and blockages happen for a variety of reasons. And each cat is different. Yes, cats have been known to block even on high end canned and even raw diets. My guy is one of those. In that case, some cats are very sensitive to mineral content, specifically phosphorus. Cat food high in fish is usually high in phosphorous. Some cats have urine PH issues. Some cats have dry food /water issues and some cats have stress issues or a combination. What causes FLUTD varies from cat to cat. So to say a food is the cause is not accurate because each cat reacts differently. We fed my cat every expensive canned no grain food available and a variety of raw and he still blocked. We've been trying Young Again because the prescription food is crape and making him fat. So far so good. Their mature formula has reduced mineral load and tons of meat but more importantly, he eats it. So it's hit or miss with FLUTD. Sometimes a script food is all that works.
My cat has the same issues, after blocking the first time I fed him only high quality wet food but he still blocked. I now test his urine ph and feed him low phosphorus high quality wet food and Royal Canin Urinary SO. What is young again?

Last edited: