Very Rude Author

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tweetykiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for watching the video and for posting the link here. Thanks for the compliments on her looks as well. I thought she was a calico. I don't know much about breeds so much though being that this is my first cat.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From my understanding, she isn't a true calico (Calico isn't a breed, it's a coloring factor). Calico's have patches of solid color and a white belly. Most of my females are torties (same colors of a calico but mixed up) You can see it in my sig with Little One and Missy, also Moster and Corky are torties, but light, as in no black, only grey, and only small patches of orange. But they really have no stripes like Avalon does.

I honestly think she is beautiful, and I hope you don't mind me posting the link. I love the music you chose as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tweetykiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

From my understanding, she isn't a true calico (Calico isn't a breed, it's a coloring factor). Calico's have patches of solid color and a white belly. Most of my females are torties (same colors of a calico but mixed up) You can see it in my sig with Little One and Missy, also Moster and Corky are torties, but light, as in no black, only grey, and only small patches of orange. But they really have no stripes like Avalon does.

I honestly think she is beautiful, and I hope you don't mind me posting the link. I love the music you chose as well.
Thanks for explaining what Calico really means. I thought it was a breed and I noticed a similar coloring pattern with Little One and Missy. What is a tortie?

Thanks for the compliments on Avalon. I just love her to pieces. I don't mind at all that you posted the link to You Tube. Thanks for doing it for me. I love the music too. It is today's jam.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a link explaining torties. It's short for "tortoiseshell", and in all the colors are blended together.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tortoiseshell_cat

This link is to pics of calicos. They have definite patches of color instead of everything being blended. Another requirement for a true calico (I think) is they have a primarily white belly. But, I'm not an expert.

http://cats.about.com/od/catspicture...-Cats-Gallery/

I'm really not sure if Avalon would be considered a tortie or not, because she definitely has the stripe pattern going on. Maybe there's a "tri-tabby"? Again, this is talking about color, not breed. Whatever she is, she is a beautiful girl!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i think Avalon is a patched tabby & white. similar to my Firefox, but w/the white addition.
she's quite pretty! you should get a photobucket account & post stills in the furpix forum for everyone to see!

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Squeeeeeeeee! *thud* I fell over from the cute!

I love how she has two different colored forehead stripes and 'sleeves'.
She's aborable!