Very pregnant stray

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Where are the scratches located? Has the bleeding stopped now? Are the scratches deep?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

charnita1120

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bleeding has stopped. It's three tiny holes in her side. She's eating and seems to be doing good. It's looks worse than what it was being a solid white. Momma is cleaning them all up now and they are pooping good.

charnita1120

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The holes look more like little needle holes if that makes sense. Vet also said they will bleed more being so brand new and small but if the bleeding didn't stop that's when to worry. It has stopped thank goodness.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she grabbed the kitten in her mouth harder than she realized. I'm guessing something spooked her and she wanted to move them. What might have set her off?

Where is the nest? Is it in a dark, private place like a closet? Mom needs privacy to feel that her kittens are safe.

Last edited:

charnita1120

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nest is in back bedroom in the closet. That's what I thought happened but wasn't sure. I have two other cats out in the main part of the house. Maybe she heard them at the door or something. She's been in the same spot for a while now and has cleaned up the hurt one and it doesn't look bad at all now. Hurt baby (calling her boo) is eating well and staying warm with the others. No more bleeding right now. I'll check her again later before bed and put more Vaseline on the booboo just to be sure. But right now they are all doing good.

charnita1120

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So. Momma feels like she's got one more kitten in her belly.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's possible she may have another kitten inside her that was conceived a little later. At this point, your best bet is to wait snd see. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

charnita1120

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's breathing harder and acting like she did last night before she had these ones. I had no idea that could happen.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, it can. Cats can have kittens days apart. Cats also experience after pains that can make it appear as though they are laboring. Let us know if she has another kitten!

charnita1120

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Momma and babies are doing great this morning. She's cleaned up the hurt one and you can't even tell anything happened. It's only 6:55 am so I'm probably heading back to bed BC my baby kept me up all night. But all the kittens look nice and fast and happy. I've gotta try and get individual pictures of their sweet face today or tomorrow.

charnita1120

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

charnita1120

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The one that got scratched started breathing hard with her mouth open. Took her to the vet. Momma did alot of damage to her insides and we had to get her put to sleep. I'm torn up.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm so sorry. The kitten may have developed infection. At least the baby is no longer suffering. Are the other babies doing okay?

charnita1120

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are doing WONDERFUL! They grow quick don't they?! They look so much bigger already. We have decided to keep two boys. My aunt wants the white one. She's named her moon. And the other is going to a friend. So all have homes and are going to be all taken care of.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wonderful news! Yes, they grow very quickly! [emoji]128571[/emoji]