Very Pregnant Stray Cat

TNR

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When you do want to catch her ,start putting the food in a crate and when they trust you enough close the cage.That I catch all my cats for tnr and the pregnant momma I have now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Belenvm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She can be spayed when her kittens are 8 weeks old. She may get pregnant again before then though.
Thank you.. How soon after can she become pregnant again. I want to get her fixed ASAP but I don't want to take her away from her babies.

Belenvm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When you do want to catch her ,start putting the food in a crate and when they trust you enough close the cage.That I catch all my cats for tnr and the pregnant momma I have now.
What kind of crate? My husband works at a farm/pet store and gets everything discounted. Which is why I started feeding the stray cats in the first place (I had more than enough for them).

He has the kind to trap an animal with and then he also has large dog cages.. Which would be better? And should I wait till the kittens are old enough to come out and eat on their own to put out a crate to catch them?

Belenvm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's a beautiful cat. I hope she either leads you to her kittens, or eventually brings them to you, so everyone can have a happy ending. :catlove:
Thank you ❤

TNR

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What kind of crate? My husband works at a farm/pet store and gets everything discounted. Which is why I started feeding the stray cats in the first place (I had more than enough for them).

He has the kind to trap an animal with and then he also has large dog cages.. Which would be better? And should I wait till the kittens are old enough to come out and eat on their own to put out a crate to catch them?
A large dog cage.I caught the momma first in a kind trap with the help form the township.They said they would come back to help with the kittens,but they never did.when the kittens started coming for food,I put it in the cage and one morning I shut the door and brought them in.I caught the pregnant cat that I have now in the same way.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There isn’t much you can do right now because trapping mom is not going to get you to her babies. If you can follow her and find them, she would go with you when you bring them back to your home, or get in the crate with them. A dog crate is roomier.

I hope you can follow her soon.

Belenvm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A large dog cage.I caught the momma first in a kind trap with the help form the township.They said they would come back to help with the kittens,but they never did.when the kittens started coming for food,I put it in the cage and one morning I shut the door and brought them in.I caught the pregnant cat that I have now in the same way.
I can't do it that way yet, at least not for the mother cat and her babies.. If she just had her kittens they would only be 4 or 5 days old the max, they won't be coming out on their own for food any time soon. Thank you for the advice. I can use the cage to catch other strays though.

Belenvm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There isn’t much you can do right now because trapping mom is not going to get you to her babies. If you can follow her and find them, she would go with you when you bring them back to your home, or get in the crate with them. A dog crate is roomier.

I hope you can follow her soon.

Thank you, I too hope she will lead me to them soon. I'm thinking about playing crying newborn kittens on YouTube tomorrow while I'm out to see if she 'll think it's her babies and go to them to check on them.
Wish me lots of luck

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Ideally you can find the kittens and then you can use them to catch mom. You can do this by placing one in the back of a cage or trap, she will go in after it when she hears it crying and you can catch her that way! Then you can get the babies so they don't grow up feral and you can get mom before she gets pregnant again!

TNR

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can't do it that way yet, at least not for the mother cat and her babies.. If she just had her kittens they would only be 4 or 5 days old the max, they won't be coming out on their own for food any time soon. Thank you for the advice. I can use the cage to catch other strays though.
I know,but my momma didn’t let me touch her kittens. so I had to do it that way.

Belenvm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know,but my momma didn’t let me touch her kittens. so I had to do it that way.
How old were her kittens? And how did you find them since you caught the momma first?

TNR

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They were about a month old when they started coming with her for food.we caught her around then,I fixed her let her stay in the house for three days.After that she went back to her kittens outside.we trapped them when they were around three months old.

Belenvm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They were about a month old when they started coming with her for food.we caught her around then,I fixed her let her stay in the house for three days.After that she went back to her kittens outside.we trapped them when they were around three months old.
I'm hoping to catch her and her kittens before then but that will definitely be my back up plan if I can't find them before then. Thank you

• Purraise
Reactions: TNR