very old cat in need of a home.....

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What the heck goes through someone's head when they leave a 25 year old cat behind???

However, she is *so* old that it actually might work to her advantage. A 25 year old cat is rare indeed. So if you place advertisements that play up her age and talk about how she needs a real hero to let her live whatever time she has left in peace and dignity, I suspect you will find a cat lover to rise to the occasion.

If at all possible, you could also offer to pay vet bills for the remainder of her life since cost may be a factor deterring someone from adopting a cat who is so old, knowing that she is likely to have some health problems. You don't have to do it, of course, but it is something to at least consider.

ryobious

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know isn't it sad. Poor baby's world is about to turn upsidedown at the end of her days..

In our rescue we actually have a HUGE success in adopting out senior cats!! Our senior cats usually go quicker than our 3-5 year old in good health cats!! I really hope things work out for her....

queenofegypt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nebula--If you'll just give me the name of this girl who is so callously abandoning this sweet old cat (25 years old!!!! What a grand old lady!) I'll personally hire a hit man to put HER down!
And right after that I'll send the same hit man to do in whoever brutalized that poor kitty my fellow South Carolinian is talking about!! Sorry to sound so bloodthirsty, but honestly! This kind of indifference and cruelty really does make my blood boil. To be a little more constructive--how about someplace like North Shore Animal League? They're in New York state and are no-kill and if they can't adopt-out a pet they will keep it there and care for it for the rest of its life. They seem to be good people. You might google them on the web and see what they have to offer. You are doing so much good here, I admire you--please keep us up to date and please please do not give up on this grand old cat!!! I can't bear to think of this sweetie making it for an incredible 25 years and then her life is snatched away for no reason than some silly girl's selfishness...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nebula11

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by QueenofEgypt

Nebula--If you'll just give me the name of this girl who is so callously abandoning this sweet old cat (25 years old!!!! What a grand old lady!) I'll personally hire a hit man to put HER down!
And right after that I'll send the same hit man to do in whoever brutalized that poor kitty my fellow South Carolinian is talking about!! Sorry to sound so bloodthirsty, but honestly! This kind of indifference and cruelty really does make my blood boil. To be a little more constructive--how about someplace like North Shore Animal League? They're in New York state and are no-kill and if they can't adopt-out a pet they will keep it there and care for it for the rest of its life. They seem to be good people. You might google them on the web and see what they have to offer. You are doing so much good here, I admire you--please keep us up to date and please please do not give up on this grand old cat!!! I can't bear to think of this sweetie making it for an incredible 25 years and then her life is snatched away for no reason than some silly girl's selfishness...
Heyy no reason to apologize.......I can completely understand the bloodthirst.......i think its deplorable that such a cat would be tossed aside like furniture not needed anymore............

thank you all for your suggestions, but i think...that pending a physical I may have found a member of this very site to take poor smirnoff......

i dont want to jinx anything....or embaress the member, by giving their name.....but i will let all of you know if things work out...........

I can't say enough how happy that this site exsists.........and I am so happy that it is filled with such supportive and beautiful people.......thanx again

ryobious

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is wonderful!! Please keep us posted!!
I can't tell you how happy I am someone is taking this baby in!! YEAH!!!!