Very Needy Cat - Please Help

mishventurer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree with what elliesvictim said above. I'm a new cat owner myself and the first thing I was taught by Jackson galaxy is that "your time comes first, then the cat". Which means when I leave the room, I don't make a fuss and say bye, I just leave. When I come back in I don't say hi, I'll put my bags and stuff down, settle down myself first before I turn my attention to her. She has since learnt to stop meowing for attention, and only occasionally. Even when I'm working, she would sometimes meow under the table for attention. I'll ignore her and when she's quiet, I'll stroke her with my feet. Only when I'm done then I'll pick her up for cuddles. She has since learnt that meowing gets her nowhere. Hope this helps.

drmroth

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I too "had" a needy cat. I use the word "had" because I got him a kitty friend 1.5 months ago and that needy cat no longer needs me. I'm so happy that he has a play friend, but he doesn't' play with me anymore which makes me sad. But I'd rather be sad knowing that I'm doing right by him.

If you do decide to get a friend for your cat, but sure to do the proper introductions so that they'll get along.