(Very late) Question of the Day, Friday, April 18

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry. I didn't forget. I was trying to think of something. And then I did forget. 50 lashes with a wet noodle! Seriously, I apologize.

Still want a question? OK.....

What is something that you're really missing during our Sheltering-in-Place? Is it a snack that you enjoy? Perhaps a restaurant you like to go to? A store? Do you miss getting your hair done?

We only grab groceries once in a while, and there's usually something I don't get on the list. And I won't run in to get whatever that something is. I refuse. This time, it's honey. I forgot to buy honey. Crap.

You know, I thought having my roots come out would bother me more than it does. I guess that's because there's nobody around to actually see my roots other than Dear Richard. And he'd like me to grow my hair out anyway.

Don't get me wrong. These things are minor. I get that. And it's OK.

What about you?

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I miss being able to go to adult toy stores-AKA Rockler or lumber yards. Michele recently assigned me a project for one of our neighbors, and after taking measurements realized I didn't have any wood of the size I needed, so I ended up having to glue several pieces from my scrap box together to come up with the necessary material. Aside from that, I don't really miss much.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Perishable produce. I normally go to the grocery store every other day to pick up a few things, so I always have bananas, berries, tomatoes, and salad in the house. Now that I only go for groceries every 2 weeks, or even longer, I run out of those things way before I get to replenish them. Thankfully things like apples, orange, pears, etc. last a long time in the fridge, so I don't have to worry about getting scurvy. ;)

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I really don't miss anything. I've been stay at home for 15 years. I do miss the freedom of shopping without taking an arsenal of cleaning supplies with me though

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really want to get my hair cut. My hair has thinned out a lot and as it gets longer that thinning appears more prominently. Oh well. Even though Ohio is making plans to begin opening back up on May 1 hair salons won't be one of the ones allowed to open back up. 'They will be among the last.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Even though Ohio is making plans to begin opening back up on May 1 hair salons won't be one of the ones allowed to open back up. 'They will be among the last.
Oh no, although not in OH I have an appt. for the end of May. :frown: Is that because of the close contact at a hair salon?

I really miss going to the gym. We've been walking outdoors but it's not the same. I also miss the Library, I like to read a traditional hard cover book. And, last but not least, I miss our local coffee shop.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with rubysmama rubysmama ; I really miss the perishables. Grapes, blueberries, salad fixings. Since starting this restricted diet, around the beginning of quarantine, I miss this stuff to munch on. I did manage to have someone get me some more grapes and blueberries. I am running out..

My building is on quarantine. There is no way I can go out to get them. Cannot find a delivery service which has an opening.

It sounds like a minor thing, but when you are not allowed, dairy, eggs, nuts, limited gluten, no high fructose corn syrup; snacks are hard to come by. Fresh fruit is the best. I have plenty of oranges.

I am not about to ask anyone to risk the grocery store. Massachusetts is in the beginning period of the "Surge". My city has over 600 cases. The adjacent cities are hotbeds of the state.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I miss going to concerts and playing sports. We probably could start football training soon except that we train on the American army base and because the army has had a lot of Covid cases and are under directions of the US government not the Korean one, they've locked the bases down to American standards and banned all non-essentials.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The hair salon is because of the close contact. The bare bones beginning of the plan that DeWine has put out is for non-essential businesses where social distancing can be maintained. I also like going to the coffee shop where they have complimentary copies of the New York Times. I like the occasional latte and it just isn't the same to get one by going through a drive thru.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I miss my co-workers and friends, in particular going out with them for lunch/dinner or just for a drink.
I miss my regular sauna sessions and I need a hair cut and color.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Going out for frozen yogurt. I treated myself a couple of times a month to a frozen yogurt at a shop downtown when I was out running errands. I like to sit outside on their patio and people watch while I enjoy my treat.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It turns out my regular life is already socially distanced :/. Nothing has changed for me, except usually when I go see my family on Sundays, we go out for lunch. I'm still visiting them most Sundays, but of course we can't go anywhere else. So going out to eat, I'll say.

And I don't like wearing a mask while shopping. They get uncomfortably damp after I breathe into them for a while. So I miss breathing at Costco, lol.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I miss going grocery shopping, and getting takeout food from my favorite restaurants.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Going out to eat and seeing my mom. We don't always do sit down eating; but since we aren't going to church or running errands like normal we aren't doing take out even. We only have one pizza place that delivers. My mom and step-dad have driven by a few times. Do you know how hard it is for my kids to NOT hug them?