Very Important!! Would You

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

Well she lives in Clarksville. And I did call the ac I had no choice I think but it tears me up. I feel like I betrayed my mother now.
Eww hon she's up not too far from Nashville. I live all the way down in Bartlett (right down the street from Memphis literally.) I don't personally know anyone up in Clarksville, i'm sorry.
but i do however have several their AC number if you need it for any reason (pm me and i'll give it to you should you need to call again.)

here's a map for reference (she must live in montgomery county - up in northern tn, and i live in shelby co. down at the very southwest part of the map.) http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/map...essee_map.html

My guess is that their rules are pretty similar to ours around here. They will likely investigate and then make a call from there as to wether they take the animals immediately and fine her/give her a court date or they may give her a certain time frame in which she must comply with their regulations and immediately clean up their environment/provide adequate care and be ready for another inspeciton.

(in a side note- as for that dog that's really skinny- it likely needs to be dewormed with panacure /strongid (if it has fleas/parasites- it's probably not gaining weight because of worms.) It needs a good flea/tick prevenative as well as a proper round of dewormer. In addition to this it needs to be fed 5+ small meals a day- every few hours and the dog will need a supplement like NutriCal added to its food (soft food) to help it gain a bit of healthy weight.) Has this animals been tested for heartworms? I'm afraid if she's neglected it so bad it could be positive- so proper heart worm tests are a must! If the dog is really underweight (i can' see it to examine it's physical condition but it doesn't sound well) - it might need several rounds of iv fluid to build up its electrolytes/fluids that is likely loosing from parasites/etc.) I hope these animals get the help they need soon
I'm sure the AC in that area will do a good job and see to it those animals get the help they need! Thankyou hon for being brave and doing the right thing by reporting animal abuse. Those animals have no voices to protest when they're being abused or neglected- that's why it's sooo important for people like you with such a big heart to step up to the plate when they see something going wrong
You did a good job!

jennywren93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

Well she lives in Clarksville. And I did call the ac I had no choice I think but it tears me up. I feel like I betrayed my mother now.
oh Hunny, PLEASE don't feel that way! I had to call DCS to report something about my own child, which of course got them coming out to our house, etc. It was the right thing to do, but scary as HE!! !!!! My DH told me I had "betrayed" him because I didn't talk to him about it before I did call them, but I was doing what I felt was the best for the welfare of MY CHILD. You were doing what you thought was best for the welfare of YOUR MOM. The animals are a side effect of your call, and yes, some may be put down, but others may be adopted, but in the end, your mother may be assigned a social worker, get some mental health help, and I KNOW her health can't be good living in that situation. You did it out of LOVE, and I for one am VERY proud of you! I live about 45 or so min south of Clarksville (Hendersonville)- so just let me know if you need anything, k? I will be praying for you and your mom and your family.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You didn't betray you mother. You did a brave thing for those animals. I know she's your mom and you care about her, but the animals are the ones that can't step up for themselves. (((((((hugs))))))))

loubelia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh....I'd call and don't feel guilty about it at all. Not only would it be the best for the pets, emotionally and physically, but at least physically, it would be best for your mother too! Conditions like that sound sooo unsanitary....your mom should be thanking you, not turning her back on you-for helping her out. I'm suprised she hasn't got a disease from the conditions yet!

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know that was a hard call but you did the right thing. It was not only a bad situation for the animals but a health hazard to her.