Very Funny Behavior

csteen85

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tony is about 6 months old and I think he's very funny.

I just wanted to share two things he does that crack me up and I'd love to hear if anyone has any insight or similar experiences.

So, one of the funniest things about him is that he LOVES when I clean his litter box. I'm not sure why, but I imagine he's thinking something like, "Yeah, Mommy! Good job helping me cover up my scent!"

I sift his litter probably twice a day and each time, I grab a plastic bag from the kitchen cabinet, he hears me and follows me upstairs. Then, I start cleaning and he's happily meowing and in my face while I'm cleaning it out. He rubs against my legs the whole time and he's hopping around like a nut.

Just before, I completely emptied out his box and had to try a different kind (Cat's Pride) of litter, because the one I was using was too hard to find and I swept all the spilled litter off the floor, cleaned out his box with clorox wipes and I wasn't even finished filling up the box when he jumped inside of it, and POOPED! It was so funny. There was probably only an inch of litter and he wanted to christen it.
He does this often after I'm done sifting the litter. He jumps in right after and does his business.

The other really funny thing he does is when we play with him using his favorite toy. It's a squeaky mouse on a fishing-pole like thing and he's gotten so good at it that he can catch it in his mouth in mid-air. But then, he carries it around the room in an almost victory lap with the mouse in his mouth. It looks like we're walking a dog, because he loves when we follow him holding the other end of the string. As soon as we let go, he lets go.

Sometimes, he brings it back to us and puts it at our feet.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone had a similar experience with their funny kitties!

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tony sounds adorable - and obviously is very bonded with his humans! How lucky you are to have him.

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah he sounds adorable. Can you post some pictures of him? I have kitten envy. I especially want to see him with his squeaky mouse in his mouth. Him so proud of himself at his capture, and all.

Robin

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All three of our cats can't wait to get in the litter boxes once they are clean and use them. They love to watch me clean them.

Buddy, our youngest, also loves to carry things around his mouth. I recently discovered he loves paper balls. So I roll some paper up and toss it to him, he flicks it up and down the hall, then picks it up in his mouth and walks around for a minute like that, making sure someone notices him.

This forum totally needs a section just to share funny stories about cats. I love hearing them. Cats are very entertaining at times.

snp81

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yeah, my guys immediately jump in the litter box as soon as we clean it.

nothing like a fresh, clean bathroom!

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tony sounds like he's a very fun cat to be around!

I find that my cats are strange when it comes to us cleaning their litter. Lynxx refused to let anyone but my father clean his box. When my father was in the hospital, my mother cleaned the box. Lynxx was growling at her, trying to push her away from his box. She was actually afraid of him. I thought it was funny!

Luna doesn't like anyone to clean her box. She'll actually fight you when you are cleaning the boxes. Sometimes we have to get her out of the area when we clean the boxes. She's gotten better about it now. But when she first came here we actually thought we were going to get bit.

Midnight likes to play with the scooper as we try to clean his box. He likes to jump in the bag as well, so we have to keep a watch on him.

Lynxx loved the toys that were attached to strings. He would break the toys to get the string. Eventually we took the hint and cut the toys off ourselves so he could play with the string. He's very strong a lot of the time he'd pull my end right out of my hands. Even when he was only 8 weeks old!

wispyrustle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, my kitten does both of those things too! I was wondering about the litter box thing because I've never had a cat do that before - EVERY time I clean it he jumps in to pee while I'm still sifting!

I'm so tickled by the victory lap - watching him drag that fishing pole toy all around in his mouth is adorable, I love it! Its like they're so proud

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

csteen85

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will definitely post pictures. I also took a short video of him in action and I'll post that soon, too.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

linni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I LOVE reading these stories, too! There are three things that make 'Cappie' come running! When he hears the printer, the breadmaker or the sewing machine. He can be in the deepest sleep on the couch and hears the printer, perks up his ears and races into the office! It's so funny to watch.

Also, his favorite toy is a fur mouse. We bought it at a cat show. Real fur - rabbit fur - and maybe it feels like a real mouse because he has played with that thing so much and we have repaired it so much. It used to be a fur mouse on a stick. Well, soon, he'd managed to chew it so that the stick was no longer attached. We have attached a new rope. It remains his favorite toy. We have a floor to ceiling cat tree. We wrap it around the top and he climbs up, gets it and brings it to wherever we are. If we don't immediately praise him, and then put it back up on the cat tree, he meows loudly! He loves to play.

We've been looking in vain for a real fur toy for him for Christmas. I even won a basket of cat toys from Global Foods, and he'll play a little with them - but then it's back to his fur mouse - his very favroite toy.

Lin