Very Feral cat in my bathroom, need advice

sugarcatmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
On my last check out the window before I was going to sleep, I saw Stu!
Nice! I think you did the right thing. I TNRed a feral cat several years ago (my first!), and he eventually came to trust me enough that I could pet him, and then he actually decided people were kinda cool. It took 3 years, but he became friendly enough that he was accepted into the adoption program of the cat rescue I work with. And he was adopted!!! I miss him terribly, but am absolutely thrilled that he has a forever home now and a lap to curl up on when the weather is cold. So you never know, sometimes just getting a cat neutered and familiarized with people can help to gradually open up more doors for them. And if not, he's at least got regular food and someone looking out for him. Thank you for what you did for Stu!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chalupa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Just wanted to share update on Stu the feral. He came back last night. Waited for for food, staring at my door, same as he always has. When I open the door, he walks away a little but as I put it down he comes forward. He has always done this. Very happy to see him again.