Very Cool Website!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha I got that in an email today as well(from you
) and I just went to it then and OMG he got it right both times.I'm shocked and amazed
anyone got an explanation??

Sam.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's because the cards change. When it said he took my card I looked and saw at least 3 of the cards were different!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When the cards change they are still so close to what was up there the first time that most people don't notice.

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are a lot of sites that do this trick. The cards do change. If you write down all the cards and then doublecheck them in the 2nd viewing (which flashes so it's hard to do this) you'll find it's true. I just remembered that the Kings were hearts and spades in the first grouping and the Queens and Jacks were hearts and spades in the second grouping.

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wrote the cards down, too, and they all do change. You are sidetracked into concentrating on one card, so you don't notice all are different.

BTW, I saw David Copperfield live years ago. It was an incredible show. He is very funny, and really makes everything absolutely believable.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yep, that's the way these things work. There's always a mathematical reason or method hidden in there, so always strip it down to logical thinking. How could it be done and always be right? In this case, the only way for him to make it look like your card was taken is to take all of them away and replace them each with something similar. Like was said, the trick counts on the probability that you will only pay attention to the card you picked.