Very bad news

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh wow, Hope! I'm just now seeing this, and I was just in utter horror for until I got to your post that you have found Simba!
Sierra and I are so happy now!
Simba, no more scary your Mommy like that!
Please do consider taking him to the Vet if his behavior continues to be out of the ordinary.

Yippee! Simba is home!

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Man, glad that had a happy ending! There is NOTHING quite like that heart stopping moment when you realize your furbaby is not in the house. What's even worse, is if you realize s/he's not in the house and the door is open! Been there done that. At the time we lived in a trailer (mobile home) on my mom's country property, had just started watching a movie, and I didn't realize 'til after it was over that I hadn't seen Melichus for some time. Yep, the door hadn't latched properly, and he'd discovered it. Fortunately for him, he must have freaked when he got outside and discovered all that open sky overhead and went under the trailer (I only had skirting around about 3/4) and apparently stayed there. He got ear mites from that little escapade which resulted in an aural haematoma, several vet visits, and ultimately a crumpled ear.

I replaced the door knob the next day

Simba may just be totally freaked from mommy tearing the house/apt apart looking for him also. Hopefully this is the case and he'll soon be back to normal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you all so much. It means so much to me. I am SO relieved and so grateful my boy is here with me. I am going to get him microchipped if it's the last thing I do.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hope - I'm so glad you found him and that he hadn't got out. It sounds like he got spooked by something - any idea what? I hope that he's calmed down now and is back to his usual self. Same goes for you too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Simba is back to his usual self. I have no idea what spooked him, and that had me really wondering if someone had gotten into my apartment, when I was not home, but I think maybe my panic over not being able to find him, may have added to his trauma.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holy Moly! I was so worried when I saw this!!!! I'm glad the thread turned out so well! Poor Simba! He was probably upset that mommy was so freaked! I'm glad that everything is ok now!

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh my gosh! You scared me so bad! I am SOOOOO relieved that Simba is still home and okay!!!

WHEW!!!

emma's friend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know you're so relieved at finding him. We were gone for a week last month (someone was checking on our gang) and when we got back home we couldn't find Emma ANYWHERE! After what seemed like forever and looking underneath everything we found her burried underneath the covers of my son's bed being very, very, very, very, very still. I was very happy, but most cross.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh Hope, pardon me while I pick my stomach up off the floor. I was frozen when I saw this thread come up, and I just saw it - one day not checking the SOS Board, shame on me. I am beyond relief. I swear I was about ready to hop a flight from Seattle to L.A.

Simba will let you know what happened in good time. I am ecstatic he's back to his normal self, but remember last week when Saba was totally spooked? She didn't get out but it took her 48 hrs to return to normal and then she let me know through some subtle signals. Thank you so much for your note on that episode. So watch where he sits and what he looks at....how he reacts to noises and link them to symbols that might tell a story.
He'll let you know. You are the best mama, you know that, and he's so happy to be with you.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd been thinking about you and Simba ever since your first post....I missed the update on you finding him and looked up the thread to find the status on your search...all I can say is
THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!