Very Aggressive Pregnant Cat

Bajka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all this is my first time on this website and I need some urgent advice,

For the past 2 years me and my parents own a female cat with unspecified age (fully developed though) In April this year, she got knocked up by a stray that’s also with us (but he’s wild). She gave birth no problem to 4 healthy kitties that we have passed on except 1. Not long after her first pregnancy, she was knocked up again for round two. Everything was okay until a month ago.

The pregnant cat has now become aggressive towards her own kitten (who is now almost 4 months old), as well as to us and others. She has also stopped staying in the house and only ever visits to eat (we let our cats go in and out as they wish). She has been attacking everyone except when they hand her food, HAS broken skin and HAS excessively hissed, even roared per say. She doesn’t show any signs of affection anymore, even when eating food. It’s possible to be close to her, just can’t touch her. Whenever she sees any other cat, she makes warning noises even if they’re out of range.

I know this could be just because this is such a fast pregnancy after the last one and hormones and that, but I’m worried that she will give birth outside somewhere we don’t know. She could be giving birth any moment now. Would it be plausible to lock her in a room so she does it there?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes its common advice to have momma (and her just delivered kittens) in their own room.

There is a good chance she will feel more secure and become calmer in there.

Can you get a Feliway?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Another reaction:

She is perhaps unwell?
Cats in pains become often aggressive to other cats and less friendly to their humans.

Is a vet check up, and in time spaying, possible for you?

Yours idea on a safe comfy room just for her is excellent. Proceed with this plan.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is rejecting the first kittens because she is preparing for her new litter.

Please, get her inside and keep her in a room with privacy.

Can you get the kittens and the father spayed and neutered now? You will be overrun with kittens, and soon