Veronica died yesterday

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is so incredibly sad. I'm so sorry for your pain. Please don't feel badly about leaving at Thanksgiving. There is no way you could have known this would happen. You have two things to be thankful for . She lived a long life as a testament to the good care and love you provided. She did not suffer long which is such a blessing. Sending lots of hugs.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry this happened. I hope in time, somehow, the pain will lessen and it will get easier for you to remember the happier times with your baby. My heart goes out to you at this time and what you must be going through. Please take care of yourself too.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry to hear this, but you must have given her a wonderful life to get to the grand old age of 17. It is soo much harder when they go suddenly, and we simply dont have the time to prepare ourselves for it. Things will get better in time though, and we all know what you are going through, and are all here for you. RIP little one.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no. I'm so incredibly sorry. This is just heartbreaking. You little baby girl was taken from you so suddenly, not than you can ever be ready, but you had no time to even nearly prepare for this emotionally. Heaven needed a new Angel~fast

Absolutely, our kitties are our children, our loves, our life. Your heart must be shattered to pieces. How will you manage to awaken without your precious girl by your side.
Please do know as you read this that Veronica is so happy and healthy now. She's in Heaven watching over her Mommy, and one wonderful day, you will be reunited. Bless you, L.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so, so sorry for your loss.
I also do not have children, and lost my cat unexpectedly 2 years ago. The pain never fully leaves you, but it will become easier. The happy thoughts will slowly over take the sadness.
My heart goes out to you.

RIP Veronica.

bimbo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh Lollyb, I am so sorry about Veronica, even tho 17 years is a long time, its not long enough when you love your cat so, I lost my 16 year old Snow 1 month ago, November 4, to be exact, I had to have her put down , she had been failing for about a year prior, it is not easy, that I know. The bones in my face actually pained me so bad from crying. They give us such unconditional love, and when they get sick and we cannot save them, we feel as if we failed them, but we don't, not the way we love them. From your post, you were a very good mother to Veronica, it takes time, you will feel better, know that she is at peace now, bless you. Karen

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so so very sorry, words can not describe how much my heart aches for you and I shed tears for you right now. How incredibly painful this time must be for you & your husband.

I am, however pleased that you found us, we all totally know exactly how you are feeling. Please know that you can talk to us whenever you need, have a cry or whichever. We are all friends here

RIP sweet darling Veronica.

Your Mom loves you so very much. Watch over her and keep her safe until you meet again