Veraflox questions

dletina

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey there. My buddy has some kind of infection. For two days he had a fever of 104.2, was very lethargic and weak. I took him to the ER Friday night and they gave him subcutaneous fluids and Veraflox, also did blood work. Saturday they called and said he tested negative for everything but I should keep up with the antibiotic and if he continues feeling poorly he would need to get X-rays.
He is a bit better; ears aren’t hot anymore, nose is only sporadically dry and he’s eating, drinking and playing in between long naps.
M question is for anyone that’s used this antibioti; how soon will he get better and are X-rays necessary? It’s an ER vet, so they definitely price gauge a bit. My own vet can’t see him for weeks.
Thank you in advance for all of your help!

stats: 5 1/2 y/o male, healthy, only pet in hh, indoor only, neutered, all shots up to date, no accidents/incidents to bring on this infection.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's my opinion that a fever is brought in by something. It is amazing that the blood work came back clear.

X-rays could be necessary if your cat has trouble at breathing or shows other respiratory symptoms. But you are saying that he's drinking, eating and playing, so it seems he is much better, so no need for the X-rays in my opinion.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dletina

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's my opinion that a fever is brought in by something. It is amazing that the blood work came back clear.

X-rays could be necessary if your cat has trouble at breathing or shows other respiratory symptoms. But you are saying that he's drinking, eating and playing, so it seems he is much better, so no need for the X-rays in my opinion.
I feel the same, thank you! He is doing all those things, just resting in between. Like a good helicopter kitteh mom, I’ll baby him for a bit, keep watch. Thank you!