Valentines Day

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Awww, I'll send you flowers Fran!

Thanks darling!!

Now if i only i could get my hands on that guy in melbourne!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Valentines Day?? If there was a smiley shooting itself in the face, I would use it right *here*.

It will be my first Valentines day as a single girl...will someone shoot me? Please?
Who needs a man? You have Trout!!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Valentines Day?? If there was a smiley shooting itself in the face, I would use it right *here*.

It will be my first Valentines day as a single girl...will someone shoot me? Please?
DONT YOU KNOW ABOUT MR INVISIBLE! is always by you! and by me!

We can Celebrate VDay together!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by OllyExtra05

Your DH planned your WHOLE WEDDING! I am jealous!!

Well, maybe not. If my husband had planned our wedding we probably would have been eating hot dogs as the main course!
And lord only knows what the flowers would have looked like!

My mom told my husband, and my dad, that they had two jobs during the wedding planning process: Shut up, and show up!! My mom, sister and I planned the whole thing.
Well it wasn't a real big wedding like my first one, I did not let my first DH make any decisions
But this was our 2nd wedding for both of us so there were only 40 people there.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love to celebrate it. It's about the only time a year Colin is seemingly romantic
/ Unfortunately I'm a florist- and everyone waits till the last minute to order/pick up things- so i will probably be stuck working all day. Oh Joy!
It's the longest day of the year in a flower shop...second to that is mothers day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I love to celebrate it. It's about the only time a year Colin is seemingly romantic
/ Unfortunately I'm a florist- and everyone waits till the last minute to order/pick up things- so i will probably be stuck working all day. Oh Joy!
It's the longest day of the year in a flower shop...second to that is mothers day.
Yikes- thats one job I don't think would be fun on a holiday like Valentines Day! I can only imagine how busy you guys must be!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH and I might celebrate by going to dinner, or he might buy me a card or somehting....I always get the kids valentines.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes we do sometimes we don't. I think the last V-day that we went out was 2 years ago when he was still working in foster care. He got called that night and had to take some paperwork from the office to the police station. So we didn't eat until 9 or 9:30.

If we went out last year I don't remember. I think I'm helping him see the way though...I'm more or less celebrate each other everyday rather than one day a year. He use to be very insistant on celebrating V-Day.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We usually go away for the weekend, but it is usually a lot quieter for work for him so we haven't booked anything yet until we get a better idea of when he is working. It doesn't bother us if it isn't the week of Valentines, may as well spend the same money for more nights at a nicer place a week later!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I do!

All I want this year is candy! Chocolate Covered Cherries (the juice kind, not the cream) and/or the ferrer rochet (sp?) ones! I would not complain about getting both! My hips might.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BAH-HUMBUG!

I'm with you Nat!! No shooting here - we'll stick it out. We don't need any stinkin men!!! They're more work than a cat (or a dog for that matter!
)

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We usually go out to eat (but on the day before or after, because we don't want to go when the restaurants are all packed). And we get each other something small like a CD or something.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Don't feel bad. I spent a Valentine's Day (years ago) with my ex-husband, a year after we broke up. Neither of us was dating anyone, so we had dinner together, among all the dewey-eyed couples, how weird was that!

It won't be so bad, have a nice dinner at home. I'm going to be by myself, too, and I'm married.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I don't really care that much..apparently I was feeling a little bitter when I posted that from work

It'll be fine, I'll spoil Trout with some fancy feast or something

lovemybabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If i have a SO at the time, yes I celebrate it. But if I'm single, like right now, I spend the money I would have spent on a boyfriend on myself

xangelicxnekox

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Eh, I give my Layla treaties and since it's in the month she was born,she gets presents too!

Me? I get chocolates from parents and maybe treat myself but thats it.
I used to be Anti-Valentine and wear all black that day but now Im just in it for the yummies.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

well since I'm single, the kitties are my Valentine's, so I may hand out some treats and catnip
Same here! I've got my stud-muffin this year, though! Last year it was just me & a bunch of girls... This year I've got my Sexy Dory Man to kiss!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I think my DH chose Valentines Day so he would never forget our Anniversary
That's why we chose halloween

We don't celebrate valentines, never have.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we (hubby & I) don't do anything formally...but we do have a big Valentine's dance at school for my students, and my class has a V-day party. It's fun, and my children enjoy it.

Maybe DH and I will go out for dinner or something.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
"Bruce" and I exchange cards but nothing much more than that. For the past couple years I've spent the evening and sleep-over with my best friend. She lost her husband and their anniversary was February 14th so it's a rough night for her. My hubby is a great guy and doesn't mind. She's been a wonderful friend to both of us and her hubby was one of the greatest guys you'd ever meet.