Valentine's Day Poll

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think we should need a day set aside to demonstrate our love for each other, and especially I don't think there should be expectations of extravagant gifts attached to it.

We observe Valentines Day, with cards, sometimes mushy, sometimes silly, and I make a nice dinner -- I'm always looking for an excuse to make a nice dinner
And that's it. But we're pretty mushy all the time, so there's not much difference from any other day in the year.

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mums friends bday IS on Valentines day.

One day, the postman delivering her birthday cards knocked on her door, explaining "All these cards, I just had to see what you looked like!'

ROFL!

minerva

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Before I met my bf, I used to get pretty sad on Valentine's day cause everyone seemed to get cards and gifts from somebody and I didn't!

Now this year i hope my bf will give something to me or go out with me etc. (in fact I just told him so when he came over to look what I was typing
) so I don't feel so left out again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do agree that some people carry V-day too far. I remember being a teen and would wish for a surprise Valentine, alas, it never happened. Now as an adult I could care less about the holiday.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love it because it's the only time I EVER get flowers
This year we're just getting each other a card as we don't have the money.