Vacuum cleaner issues

spyral

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Holden runs and hides. Sometimes he climbs the screen on the sliding doors and tries to get out the top of them! It was cute when he was a tiny kitten, but he is getting big now and I am afraid he is going to tear the screen off one of these days!

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i have 2 that sit on top of the tv or the couch and watch every move of the vaccum. the other 7 run into hiding

teddybaby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
haha thats too cute! my little Teddy runs away from vaccuums, mowers, cars..even remote control cars lol..but he loves the stairs, he cant get enough. He would run up and down them all day if he could and he likes playing in the stair railings

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brandy and Shark quite happily sleep through the noise of the vacuum, Arwen runs off as though it's gonna suck her tail up or something

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both Tailer and Forest are terrified of the vacuum. I have to make sure that Forest isn't sleeping in the same room I'm vacuuming because if I switch it on without warning him he'll panic and go careening into walls and furniture and doors in his attempt to flee the evil vacuum. He's even got our cleaning ladies trained to warn him first.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Angel with follow the vacumm with caution but Tiger will run under the bed or anywhere 'safe'.
When it's off though, they both go and sniff it.
My big problem is Tiger's hair. I have to clean out the filter every time because he sheds so much!

felicia's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All but one of my cats have been afraid of a vaccum cleaner.
RB Inky was afraid until he "attacked" one that was not running.
After that Inky was not afraid and I could even lightly vaccum him.