Vaccums for Cat hair

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sooz123

oooooh, careful with those cards, ladies!
That's why I'm waiting for one year after I get married. You just need to make sure you're paying on one thing only and can actually afford to make the payments

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, before you get a new vac, have you taken the one youve got THOROUGHLY apart to check the hoses? I thought we were going to have to get a new vac as ours wouldn't suck anymore either. And it was really good when we got it, a bagless Eureka, 12 amps I think. I mean it wouldn't suck at all. Soooo, I started taking it apart. I finally got around to taking the hose off the back and testing it and NO air was getting through. You know how with these things that hose makes a pretty tight loop? Somewhere down the line the vac had sucked up a drinking straw which got caught in that curve and didn't go all the way through, and it started catching Pekingese hair ... and more Pekingese hair, and still MORE Pekingese hair... I pushed the clog through with a broom. There must have been at least SIX SOLID INCHES of Peke hair!

The vac works like a charm now though. And I try to make sure that I don't suck up straws and sticks and the like.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes we are very carefull with card stuff infact we dont even have any cards right now. for the simple reason that interest sucks, LOL. but i did talk to him about possibly doing the sears thing. and he thought we might check it out and possoinly do it...yippie

Rosehawk..yup i have taken it apart a billion times completely. hoses..brushes everything. even replaced the brushes..its still not sucking so well.

madderhatter

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A guy I work with recently got a Dyson (animal/purple). He also has a Kirby and an Oreck, and has owned numerous others in the past. He said the Dyson is bar-none the finest and strongest he's ever owned. He said the suction is beyond compare.

He actually did his own in-house test after he got it. In one room he vacuumed three times with the Oreck, to the point where it wasn't picking up anymore of anything. Then he took the Dyson in there and came out with nearly half a canister full of hair.

Guess it's like the old saying ... you get what you pay for.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
very true. The oreck and the Dyson are however, similar...in price. So theres that to think about to. We have decided we will get the Dyson, its just going to be a while til we can get it. Unless we get a wedding present early, LOL or get it off ebay LOL