Vaccine reaction - spit up

tessie7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Smoke had his HCP/FELV and 3 year Rabies vaccines this afternoon. Shortly after arriving home he spit up a little after eating. Mostly water, not a lot. Then a few hours later after dinner he looked like he was about to throw up again. I either saw his tongue or he sucked the throw up back in, I can’t tell, but nothing ended up coming out. He’s sleeping comfortable now on the couch. I’m curious if anyone else has had cats with adverse vaccine reactions? Should I be worried?

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi tessie7 tessie7 ...I would not worry about the spit up,...since going to the Vets...and sometimes a car-ride is somewhat stressful for a cat.

(The only vaccine reactions I noticed in my two cats were slight 'pea-like' bumps at the site of the one year rabies vaccine...which eventually went away...and another Vet said was normal.)
I was also told that my cats would act quiet and sleepy, but they ate straight away, and did sleep...but returned to their usual routines fairly quick...within the next day.

I would just keep an eye on Smoke and make sure he eats, drinks, and uses his litterbox.
He will probably be a little more sleepy tonight, and hopefully be his usual self tomorrow.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am thinking that the nausea, which sounds fairly mild, is a combination of stress and carsickness, which can linger for several hours. Let us know how he's doing later on today. I think, and certainly hope, that he'll be fine again.