Vaccinations

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by nhlee529

We don't have a law here that cats must have rabies shot, but I am still concerned because the kitty runs around outside and I don't want other animals to hurt her. I'll look into the titers test, but I doubt my vet will do it... he's a very small establishment. Thanks for the suggestion though.
I also live in a community with NO cat rabies requirement... My vet and I decide about shots when they are due...
better safe than sorry cause if a cat get out or gets hurt without shots 99% of the time they PTS without any???... I use a small vet and she does titers

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
honestly IMHO I think boosters work I just gave pepe his booster since the people we adopted him from screwed his needles up and since we gave him the first one he has been feeling a LOT better
so i'll continue to get him his boosters

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We dont need Rabies vaccs in the UK, but there are still conflicting advice about the FeLV jab - personally, i dont do them because of the age of my cats, and the fact they do develop a natural immunity to FeLV. If your vet thinks your cat should be vac'd against it, they should be tested for it first.