Vaccination Timelines

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
here's the current reccomendations for cats:

http://critteradvocacy.org/content/view/48/56/

The feline bordetella vaccination is mentioned on the page as not recommended - if your vet usually gives it, you might want to discuss risk vs. benefit with him or her in your cat's case.

Before I found all this info here, I had our two cats who have outdoor access vaccinated for FIV, because even though they are altered, they do still fight. Our feral female occasionally fights to defend her territory from other cats, and Oreo is a veteran fighter - though he was neutered at 6 months, he's VERY territorial. We try to keep him inside now, but he's still managed to get out a couple of times, and when he comes home, he inevitably has at least one new wound. And there's a cat who lives a couple of blocks down the street that is FIV positive. Unfortunately, from the info there, it looks like the vaccine isn't even effective.
Thankfully, Oreo is finally beginning to accept being indoors and not escaping anymore

southernlocs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok so after the initial kitten shots, what should i expect when i take them back for the annual boosters?

They had the kitten shots and rabies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the info. I'm going to check out thoes websites tonight. Fortunately for now, the vet who gave them the b. one is not who they are seeing today. DH should be there with them now. (I think he may have given them the b. one because they were there overnight and he also boards animals.)