Vacations.....anyone going on one this year?

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Next Sunday I'm leaving to go to NH to visit my family. One of my best friends from HS is getting married (a mideival wedding!). I'll be going for a week. Not sure how much of a vacation is going to be because everyone is going to want me to fix their computers.

Now for a real vacation.... We're going on our honeymoon in July
. An all-inclusive resort in Cancun! I can't wait, I've never been on a cruise or a resort.

In the fall we are planning a couple mini-vacations (long weekends or weekend trips). My friends and I like to go to West Viriginia once a year to go white water rafting on the New River (maybe sometime the Gauley when we don't have any new people with us). This year I want to rapell off the cliff and do some horse-back riding.

Then my boss just got back from vacation and highly recommended canoeing the swamp out near the coast. That sounds like fun! So I think my college friends will probably get together to do that one some weekend in the fall (when the bugs are gone). Turtles, fish, birds, snakes, maybe an alligator! I hear its awsome with huge cypress trees and spanish moss hanging down... very cool.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I chose to forfeit my vacations when I took on birds and many cats.
Not many people I trust with the birds, and not many people want to deal with short term care of 6 very spoiled cats.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What!? you mean people actually GET vacations still!? what the heck!?
I think I've been working to much and now they just expect me to show up. I don't believe in vacations (did I say that!? oh no! they've got me brainwashed!)
I can't take a vacation because my ridiculas manager has us understaffed (AGAIN!) won't put up a help wanted sign because that makes us look desperate( WE ARE STUPID!) so we are all overworked, stressed and snapping at each other more then usual!

tilly tiger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well ive booked up to go away the weekend after easter with my 2 children and i intend to go campin as much as i can in the summer and i cant wait

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband and I are planning on going on a cruise in Oct for our 2 year wedding anniversary...it all depends if he can get off from work....we also go to fort walton beach, fl every year at the end of the summer...we just got back from gatlinburg, tn for spring break...but we love to travel we usually go on 4 vacations or more vacations a year

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I am going to take a long weekend to Florida in August. Destin and Ft walton Beach. I am not doing anything but eating and laying on the beach the whole time.
You go to ft walton too? I love love fort walton beach, we always go every year and stay at the Ramada Plaza Beach Resort on fort walton beach. It's soo pretty down there

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Nope for us again this time...
..But someday maybe to Cleveland and MA!

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I'm taking a week off from work, but I'm not going anywhere. Not enough money to go where I want to go, so I'm staying home.
That's like me Hope. No money to go anywhere, so I'll be spending it here, probably in front of TCS!
But that's ok, even though I'm not going anywhere, the fact that I'll be away from that place (work) for over a week makes up for it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Chester&Piper

That's like me Hope. No money to go anywhere, so I'll be spending it here, probably in front of TCS!
But that's ok, even though I'm not going anywhere, the fact that I'll be away from that place (work) for over a week makes up for it!
I agree with you Linda. Away from the office IS a vacation!