Uti.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

home.slice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've called and they said that he had an empty bladder at the vet's which is why they couldn't do urinalysis. They by the weekend if it hasn't improved I can bring him in and leave him for the day to see if they can get a sample, but I was told that since he had an empty bladder and all other sysmptoms which I describe, she felt it was best to go this route first.

elizwithcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by home.slice

I've called and they said that he had an empty bladder at the vet's which is why they couldn't do urinalysis. They by the weekend if it hasn't improved I can bring him in and leave him for the day to see if they can get a sample, but I was told that since he had an empty bladder and all other sysmptoms which I describe, she felt it was best to go this route first.
The exact same thing happened with my cat-they couldn't get a clean sample with a needle because the bladder was too small. But they analized the sample he left on the table, which is not clean, but better than nothing.
Ask them about prescription Waltham's SO food for your cat.

home.slice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think what I will do is wait until Saturday and see if he has any improvements. If not, I will bring him back on Saturday. I just hope it isn't something else and is just a plain ol' UTI.

home.slice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to post that I went home on my lunch today and I saw a medium sized lump in his litter box that wasn't pink, so I think there is a step in the right direction!

home.slice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He had the runs everywhere in my apartment last night

I just am having such a hard time!
I'm supposed to bring home a new kitten today and this is so frustrating.
I'm going myself back to the vet this afternoon to get different medicine for him.