UTI??

Elvisrocks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all, So we were gone over the weekend and had my mother is law checking in on our cat Presley while we were gone. We got home today and noticed her litter box was a mess and there were dark stains on the mat and it looked like she had peed in different spots. She has never gone outside the litter box. In the span of an hour she had gone into the box at least 3 times to pee and only peed about a dime size amount so I knew something was wrong. I hate taking her to the vet because she gets totally stressed out and anxious and the vets can never do anything without sedating her even with a dose of gabapentin. I ended up calling the ER vet and gave her a dose of gabapentin about 2 hours ago. We just showed up and are waiting in the car because they have critical patients in there and said it's going to be a wait. I'm totally stressed out, I feel so bad for my cat. I'm wondering if she got stressed from us leaving and that's what caused this? We have left before and she's been fine with my MIL checking on her. She's very attached to me. We can't always stay home either. It wouldn't be so bad if the vet experience wasn't so miserable for her. Does anyone have experience with cats and uti?? I hope that's what it is and nothing major. Also hope she can get in soon!!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be she was stressed and had loose stools or/and that the litterbox wasn't kept clean enough(scooped daily and litter added) hope she's ok

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elvisrocks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww
It could be she was stressed and had loose stools or/and that the litterbox wasn't kept clean enough(scooped daily and litter added) hope she's ok
We had my MIL come twice a day. We pulled the bags with the dirty scoops and noticed she had some large pee clumps so who.knows when this started. We have only been gone since Friday afternoon and she was peeing normally before we left. Also my MIL didn't mention anything about any problems but who knows if she would have noticed the stains on the mat. Also I don't know if our cat would have peed in front of her or not.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Going in and out of the litter box is a sign of a UTI yes. Stress can cause UTIs so because you were gone that could have triggered it or the lack of care from the MIL. Since she's extremely attached to you it was probably separation anxiety which was the stressor.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elvisrocks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So the vet is giving her amoxicillin and Indoor for inflammation. Do any of you have experience with onsior? She has had bad reactions with buprinorphone(terrible constipation) and metacam(shaking, stomach issues) so we are trying onsior instead but I have no experience with it. They couldn't take a urine sample because she was so upset and peed in her carrier. Plus they would have to sedate her to do it. So we are going conservative route with the meds and watch for improvement. Any experience with these meds would be appreciated. Thank you!