UTI Certified Cat Food?

dorimon

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Would you suggest to start adding a little water to the Purina Pro Plan Grain free wet food I'm already feeding my cats? I read somewhere that you should just be feeding your cat wet food and no hard food do you agree?
I always add filtered water from the Brita pitcher before serving wet food :)

Our Coco had a UTI a few years ago.  We try to feed as much wet/raw as possible, and as little dry food as possible.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Would you suggest to start adding a little water to the Purina Pro Plan Grain free wet food I'm already feeding my cats? I read somewhere that you should just be feeding your cat wet food and no hard food do you agree?
Absolutely
Adding water to canned food will help ensure that your cat is getting plenty of water. And yes, canned food is preferred over dry food. If your cat will eat canned food, there is no reason at all to feed any dry food IMO. Some people do have to feed some dry food for budget or other reasons but they try to keep the dry to a very small part of the diet. There are some who only feed dry food because their cat simply will not eat canned even after trying all the various tips and tricks. In those cases, you just have to encourage the cat to drink more water using these tips: http://www.thecatsite.com/a/tips-to-increase-your-cat-s-water-intake

melissa5751

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the feed back. It is greatly appreciated. I have started adding water to their wet food and they really don't seem to mind. I have a water fountain but have discovered he enjoys drinking from one of my glasses so have put it next to my chair and they both seem to be drinking more.

Again thank you!!