UTI and Clavamox

italysa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm new here and looking for any info I can get. Has anyone had any experience with Clavamox for UTI's? My 15 yr old kitty has a UTI and has been on Clavamox for about 4 days now, 1 ml twice a day. I read where they should eat something 20 - 30 minutes before taking the meds. Well the problem is, she's not eating. One of the side effects is loss of appetite and she sometimes vomits about an hour or so after having the Clavamox.

Is this normal and is medication still getting into her system?

Thanks in advance !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

italysa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks.... Actually, my vet just called me back. They're going to take her off the Clavamox and try a different med that she'll only need it once a day instead of twice

Hopefully, this one won't upset the tummy.

jenku02

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I was wondering how long it took before you saw signs of improvement in your kitty after taking Clavamox? I took him to the vet today, they gave him the injection, along with pills for week to take, and he is still running back and forth to the potty tonight. Thank you!

sphynxmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would assume it would be pretty similiar to humans. At least 24 hours....your kitty should be showing signs of improvement by tommorow.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It can take a few days ... If the tummy issues continue ASK ASK your vet about Pepcid as it is quite helpful