Used Furniture: Where Do You Draw the Line?

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My couch is used. I cleaned it with my carpet steam cleaner (attachemnts). My coffee table, end tables, kitchen table and chairs, kids bedframe (not matress), my bedframe (not matress), and Washer/dryer all used. Matresses I buy new thats where I draw the line.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh boy, do we get to talk again about taking an ultraviolet light (black light) into hotel rooms to check for bodily fluids?
A favorite subject of mine!

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All my furniture is used. I bought them from Good wheel. I cannot afford to spend thousands of dollars on new furniture. And I see no point in renting to own since you end up getting used furniture anyway most of the time and then your spending twice the amount on it.

I won't pick up furniture that's on the side of the road. But Good wheel inspects the furniture for bugs and other stuff. And it can be cleaned when I bring it home. I have one love seat that is my dogs for the most part. And it will go to the dump when we leave. And then our couch which was taken to good wheel because one arm was broke. It is easily fixable.

Lots of people throw away perfectly good things. I see no reason why I shouldn't take advantage of that. The only thing I worry about are bugs. So if I see droppings or tears that I think could have been caused by a bug or rodent I won't get it. I just do not have the luxury of buying new furniture right now. Maybe not ever.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Oh boy, do we get to talk again about taking an ultraviolet light (black light) into hotel rooms to check for bodily fluids?
NO! I cannot yell NO loud enough.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I have a sheet sleeping bag thingy you can buy for sleeping in Hostels. It's very convenient and gives me some peace of mind about hygiene.