Used Cat Tree

apesusi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this or not, but here we go.

Is it ok to get a used cat tree? My sister has a cat tree and they don't have room for it anymore. She was going to give it to us. She has 2 cats.

Is it ok if we take it? Will it cause any problems with the smell of the other cats on it? Anything I could/should do to it to get rid of the other cat smells if it's a problem?

Thanks!

atinsley

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think it's probably alright... if they seem like they don't like it maybe if you used enzyme cleaner on the carpet it would take away the smells of the other cats.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got a used tree from a friend, I sprayed it with F10 (veterinary disinfectant) and left it out in the sun for a few days.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it would be ok but what I would do is if you have a little shampooer like a mean green get an emzyme cleaner and shampoo it out really good and then let it dry and also get a disinfectant to spray on it in case there are any germies.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends on how "used" and how big. If its less then 4 feet tall, its not worth it. And you'd have to see what shape its in and how difficult it would be to clean it.

Personally, I would not want a used cat tree.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Depends on how "used" and how big. If its less then 4 feet tall, its not worth it. And you'd have to see what shape its in and how difficult it would be to clean it.

Personally, I would not want a used cat tree.
I wouldn't want a used tree either, though at least the OP knows where it is coming from.

I most definitely would not take a used cat tree from an unknown source.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

apesusi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, it's coming from my sister, so not an unknown source.

The cat tree is huge, they built it themselves. So floor to ceiling type of thing.

I guess we'll see how it goes. Thanks for the responses.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a 6-foot cat tree from a friend's neighbor - her cat never liked or used it...the tree looked brand new when it came into my house - and my cats were leaping on it before we even got it into place. That was about 3 years ago, and so far so good.

I'd give it a shot and see what happens.