Used book sites?

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zorana_dragonky

I use ebay, half.com (which is owned by e-bay), amazon (for used and new), abebooks.com, and alibris. I have never used paperbackswap, but I am going to check that out!

I love buying used books.

With half.com, you can often get books for $.75 or $.99, but the shipping is set at $3.49 for most books. The way to get around this is to buy multiple books from the same seller (easy to do!) and then the shipping is slashed for each book, becoming a dollar something per book.
I'm going to have to check out half.com because of the multiple books/same seller. I use amazon.com and only buy used for 1-10cents per book (hardcover). The shipping is 3.99 each. Over the years on amazon, I've only run into 1 seller selling a whole set of books that I wanted.

It'd be cheaper to go to the library but not only is it far from me, some books I can read in 2 days while some books take a month or so. The thought of driving so far just to re-loan out the same book would drive me nuts not to mention the cost of gas!

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

Your library might have a renew option on their website, or you might be able to call them and renew it.
I never thought of that! Thanks, I will call them. Sure beats a long drive

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can renew books online with my library. Unfortunately, my library sucks and doesn't carry much of what I like to read so I rarely use them.

I LOVE paperbackswap.com