Useage of towels?

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use each towel a couple of times before it's washed. I change the sheets every Sunday evening. I wear my jeans for a week and then they get washed...but I only wear them for about 1/2 hour each day. Maybe 10 minutes to work, change into scrubs, 10 minutes home from work (unless I go grocery shopping or something after work), then I'm home and change into PJ's for the evening.

Pookie & the girls

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use it about 2-3 times... depending on how it seems. I also have to do laundry at the laundry mat so it is more of a neccessity than an option.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use a towel two or three times but I get a clean washcloth every day.

rosey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
now that i have my own washer/dryer, only once. When I didn't, it would be 2 times.
While i probably don't need to, i like the clean towel feel and when it's that time of the month, for sure only once, even before I had my own washer.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My rule is at least 2 days. After that if it's more it's only because I need to do laundry!
Washcloths are the same since I only use them for my face. DH uses them all over and changes his daily....which is a very good thing!

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Absolutely none. Towels will be used for a few days if it's just hand washing after using the loo, but when it comes to showers and baths, I use a fresh towel and then throw it in the laundry (will use a not-so-fresh towel if it's only a day old or so, but not always). I think dad is the only one who DOESN'T do this; oftentimes I'll go to the washroom and then when I wash my hands and want to dry them, the towel will still be damp (and dad had a shower the day before!). So I'll end up throwing the disgusting towel into the hamper with a violent fling, then grab a fresh one. You may be clean when you hop out of the shower, but I get the chills when I think about touching a towel that's touched someone else's nether regions. Ick.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine last a week. I have a shower every couple of days though, we are in severe water restriction and i dont see why i should be wasting more water. I come out clean and only sort of half dry my hair and body so my towels aren't soaked each time i use them. I collect water in the shower between shampoo especially when i wait for the water to go warm and theres just cold going to waste.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a really funny thread
I couldn't be doing with washing towels after every use, esp as I'm clean when I get out of the shower. I have one large bath towel and 2 small towels in the bathroom (one for drying hands and the other for wrapping around my head). They go in the weekly wash each weekend though I'd get a new one before then if I felt one was dirty. If I used a fresh one every day my laundry basket would be overflowing by midweek.

As to sheets - usually once a week too but sometimes I go a bit longer.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use my towels 3 times and then they go into the wash. It's only me using it and when I'm out of the shower I hope I washed myself well enough to get all of the dirt and dead skin so all I'm doing is wiping off water.