Use of dog Revolution on cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with Otto - the general public is clueless about a lot of things - not just flea meds. Better to err on the safe side and tell them NO to any dog products to be used on cats then to have even more problems.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have seen people mix baby formula wrong maybe we should try to ban powder to(personally I am for breast feeding but things happen/adoptions/health reasons/whatever)

Or perms/dyes. I have known a person who messed up her hair from way to many color changes. Mom has told me a few stories of her friends DIY perms(and professional ones to!!!)

Anything can be messed up if you try(dont try). I had someone ask me about fleas told them to use advantage(2 cats) she did already she told me. She split a tube of large cat bough in petsmart then the next day gave them their own tube of large cat each. so really they both had 1.2 ml when .8 would have done it. no idea the reasoning behind what she did but hey it was the cat dose.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Willowy

"People are idiots, so let's keep the truth from them". Not sure how I feel about that. . .
Originally Posted by catsallaround

I have seen people mix baby formula wrong maybe we should try to ban powder to(personally I am for breast feeding but things happen/adoptions/health reasons/whatever)

I don't see it that way. This is not about baby formula.

These products are made for the species they are made for, period. I don't see any "truth" in telling people to use a dog product on a cat. I don't see not encouraging someone to use a product made for dogs on their cats as hiding a truth from them. I see it as common sense.

I am against the practice, whether people are idiots or not.

And I didn't say people are idiots
. What I said is, most people don't pay attention. Many people cannot accurately judge their cat's weight. Many people don't read the labels. It's their cats I care about, even though I don't know those cats.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallaround

Anything can be messed up if you try(dont try). I had someone ask me about fleas told them to use advantage(2 cats) she did already she told me. She split a tube of large cat bough in petsmart then the next day gave them their own tube of large cat each. so really they both had 1.2 ml when .8 would have done it. no idea the reasoning behind what she did but hey it was the cat dose.
My point, exactly. People don't read labels properly. They just don't.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

My point, exactly. People don't read labels properly. They just don't.
Then everything should be banned. It's dangerous. We might hurt ourselves. We're too dumb to read labels. Maybe if Americans weren't nanny-ed to death and pretty much told that they're too dumb to take care of themselves or their children or pets, they might actually take responsibility for themselves and read the labels.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Willowy

Then everything should be banned. It's dangerous. We might hurt ourselves. We're too dumb to read labels. Maybe if Americans weren't nanny-ed to death and pretty much told that they're too dumb to take care of themselves or their children or pets, they might actually take responsibility for themselves and read the labels.
That's just silly. Meaning no disrespect but you are over dramatizing. There has to be boundaries in everything. It's just the way life is. The dog doses are labeled for use on dogs, and safe if used as directed. The cat doses are labeled for use on cats, and are safe if used as directed. It's done that way for a reason. For the safety of the animals.

I think it's a good system.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
This thread is getting way off track and will now be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.