USA question

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kev - do what is best for your family - they have to come 1st!

If you are looking for a job, I would suggest trying www.jobbank.gc.ca - it is a government run and sanctioned job site. If you are offered a job here you will need to get employment authorization. Here is a link to Canada's policy on foreign workers policy . I live in the Etobicoke area - my neighbourhood is fantastic but it really depends on where in Etobicoke you live. Richmond Hill, Maple and Thornhill our just outside the Greater Toronto Area and are any easy communty. They are generally know as nice and safe places to live. I will see what other info I can find for you.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Actually, I LOVE Toronto. I've been there 3 times, and it is the most beautiful city, and the people are so nice and friendly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the sites - I dont want to take up too much of your time and I dont want everyone getting tired of me - therefore, I wonder if it would be best to take this direct to my email address.
[email protected]

Your help already is much appreciated.

Have been to your neck of Toronto and Etobicoke where you live. Unsure about the other areas. Out of curiosity - is CJEZ radio station still going ? used to be known as the E-X Listening station?

Kev

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by kev
Have been to your neck of Toronto and Etobicoke where you live. Unsure about the other areas. Out of curiosity - is CJEZ radio station still going ? used to be known as the E-X Listening station?

Kev
CJEZ is now Easy Rock 97.3. You can listen to it online here:

I had to do a google search, since I never heard of that station! I usually listen to club music!

I live in Richmond Hill and am familiar with all the areas just north of Toronto. I grew up in Scarborough, then moved to downtown Toronto for school and purchased a condo and spent 7 years there. I just moved to Richmond Hill last year and would never move back since I love it here. House prices are crazy, but they seem to be slowing down now. If you need any info on housing prices across Toronto you can PM me. I spent a year and a half looking at various communities and housing prices before settling here.

Here's the Town of Richmond Hill's website if your curious:

Richmond Hill

The only thing I'll warn you about is Toronto's traffic headaches! If you trying to drive from the east Toronto to the west of Toronto during a weekday.....good luck! There are usually accidents every day on the main highways. I can't stand the traffic, that's why I try to stick to public transit.

nora

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love Toronto. The only thing I hate about it is driving in Toronto traffic. No offense, but road signs in Toronto are very confusing. We took more wrong turns than I care to mention.

A few years ago we stayed in a B&B in a Toronto suburb and took the subway into Toronto. That was a better way to go.

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It really depends upon where you live and in what neighborhood. The schools in Boulder, Colorado are generally not very good, but it's an excellent family city and a wonderful place to live. There are parts of San Diego I would not live and would not want a child to even know about and the schools vary. Some are better and some are worse. In Escondido there is a wonderful charter school. In Wyoming you can get some really good places for kids to grow, the schools are pretty good but not very advanced, but it's harder to find modern jobs for the parents and can be boring for the adults if they're not used to it. Over all, in all the places I've lived I'd say Germany had the best schools, and I loved living there, but I'm not so sure I'd want to live there for a long time.