URI's best treating antibiotic?

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been dealing with a rampant uri throughout my group. I've been lucky and never gotten a cat with feline herpes virus that many shelter or rescues have to deal with. But for the last 3 weeks I've had this going on. 6 of my 10 got it. My latest is a cat with ibd/suspected sick gi girl. She is having such a rough time. The doctor prescribed a bottle is Augmentin for all & any. But it doesn't seem to be helping any. She's constantly congested, it's upsetting her stomach. It's distending it, which happens also if she takes steroids any more thank her 2.5mg every 3 days.
She's also back to puddle poop!
I asked her doc if perhaps we should try something else since it's now been 5 days on this and isn't doing anything, except making her feel worse. She said keep at it, it can take 7-10 days to show results
So thought I'd ask the wisdom crew at the Cat Site, and what they think for meds on uri's. I don't know if she's just trying to go the inexpensive route with me. But I am SO sick is dealing with this, and she's one of my favorites. Yes, I do have favorites.😄
Thanks

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
If it is making her sick insist on a different kind of antibiotic. One of mine developed hives from anything penicillin related and there are other good, although much more expensive, antibiotics that can be used.