Urine spraying at meal-times?

elevenelevenxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've had a lot of urinary tract issues with my neutered 2(+/-) year old Manx since November, but he's currently doing quite well and this is a new issue we seem to be having...

Lately he's been spraying urine in my kitchen at my feet (spraying the cubburds near the floor, obviously) only when he thinks he's about to be fed. We recently changed him over to a urinary tract friendly diet (Royal Canin SO) that he absolutely loves. Is it possible he's just getting overly excited when he thinks food is coming? How do I curb this? I have a hard time thinking it's possibly related to his other issues (diagnosed with FUS/FLUTD, catheterized/hospitalized for blockage, hospitalized another night a couple weeks later from partial blockage, x-rays ran, on enough meds to run our own pharmacy...been through the gammut!!) since literally, it's only happening at meal times (I've scoured the apartment to make sure there aren't any other 'spots' as well as having been watching him like a hawk in general).

Any help?