Urine and diarrhoea issues

sunnyleabay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi my cat has been suffering from diarrhoea and urine urgency for 3 weeks,he hasn't any blockages ,has had a scan,full blood count and all is clear.
I've seen several vets..... and worms,dietary issues and stress have all been addressed.He is not eating much but his weight is stable.He is constantly in and out his litter tray straining when there is nothing left to pass.He has had probiotics and I've given him a natural urinary tablet.
I'm just wondering if anyone here has encountered the same issues as it's usually just diarrhoea or urinary problems separate - not together! I'm desperate for advice.. many thanks
sunnyleabay

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I can't exactly give you a resolution for the diarrhea but did want to say that the urine issue might just be from him straining to poop. If he pushes hard enough, he could be relaxing his urethra muscles at the same time, enough to cause whatever pee he has in his bladder to be released.

You could try S. boulardii for the diarrhea just to see if that might help any. It is more than likely a food intolerance of some sort, which can be tricky to identify and correct. Have any of the vets suggested a hydrolyzed diet, or a limited ingredient diet consisting of a novel protein, such as duck, venison, rabbit, etc?
Saccharomyces boulardii Probiotic for Pets (White Paper)– FullBucket Health

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sunnyleabay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well he's been having prokolin paste and I put him on white fish firstly for a few days ,but didn't change anything.Then I was advised chicken and rice only .again no change. But it's difficult to get him eating . His appetie isn't good anymore......he is currently in the vets undergoing some tests. So far they have take n a urine test and it shows he is very inflamed,but. there is no bacteria.