Urinating outside box

smashleyxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
SO i know  first thing your going to say is that  it's a sign of health problems but Ive had her to the vet about it a couple of times and each time she was found to be in perfect health. It's a behaviour issue ive been told. the only thing is i havent been able to pinpoint exactly WHY it's happening.

Bella is 7.  The last time this happened after dishing out 400$ at the vet with only a bag of food recommended ( that she didnt end up liking) and a feliway diffuser thrown on my bill and a few "techniques" i could try she started to cut back on doing it and after a few weeks stopped . I moved the box to a different  room and barred the door to the room it was originally in.

We moved a little over a month ago... now she has started again ...either right in front of the box or on the mat on the side. I dont have the option in this new place of moving the box to a new room or closing a door to this space .i have tried moving the box into different positions in said room with no luck, ive also tried feliway spray . My littler pans are always clean, I scoop daily and clean weekly ( notice I said litter PANS she only does it in front of one but uses both aswell) 

Im at a loss here. I cannot come home to this or wake up to this morning after morning day after day and clearly she is not happy about something in her world so does anyone have any suggestions or advice? I'm not taking her to the vet and spending 400$ to be told to look on the internet for suggestions again.

I'm currently using "special kitty " litter ..... I have a strange feeling that could be a factor so I bought some arm and hammer and am going to go with that on the next change over. she does use the box too just every now and again she doesnt and she is having no problems doing it ...she is eating , drinking and playing as per normal.

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
have you try cleaning the areas where she pee with a enzyme cleaner?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

smashleyxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
no ive just been using lysol multi purpose do you think that would make a difference ? 

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no, she can still smell her pee so you have to use a enzyme cleaner, it will break down her pee where she can't smell it

does she goes on the same areas or new area each time?

smashleyxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
usually the same area there is a shoe mat and she will go on that or the area right in front of the litter box 

smashleyxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Tried it. went about it exactly as instructed and no luck .... today I went out and picked up a large rubbermaid container ..trying the larger box to see if thats the issue..... I also put food in the spot she was peeing .... apperently they dont like to pee where they eat ? 

smashleyxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I read all of those atricles. The larger box seems to be working. No urinating on the floor since I set it up . Like I said I put a dish (not their main dish just a random dish the main food and water is still where it always was ) of food next to where she was peeing... I noticed her "burring" the dish of food but using the box And had a little chuckle because I know it makes sence to them but their little quirks are so funny sometimes lol