Urinating in bathtub and sink

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keller has been treated for UTI and doesn't seem to have any other problem other than being deaf and chewing on cords...those are problems I know
. She has started peeing in the sink and the tub. I am thankful that it is an easy to clean place but wonder what the issue could be? She is upset by my fostering other cats and kittens so I have stopped that. I am sure she can still smell them. The urine she is leaving in the sinks and bathtub smells a lot like spraying...really protein heavy and very distinct. She has been fixed for about 5 months now. What could be her issue?
This is only an issue because I have 4 kids that use the sinks and tubs.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When was she last treated for UTI? Maybe it is back?
I would take her to the vet just to be sure, get her clear health wise, and then change the litter to Cat Attract...
Thank goodness it is at least in an easy to clean place, even though not too hygienic

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When our one cat started doing this (peeing in the bathtub), he was shortly thereafter diagnosed with FLUTD, forming crystals in his bladder. His urethra was partially obstructed, hence the peeing outside the litterbox. He was also having notably smaller pees. He is on a prescription food for this (and has been for over 5 years now) and we have never had another urinary problem again. Sometimes because of the symptoms, vets assume it is UTI and treat with antibiotics, but less than 1% of FLUTD cases are bacterial, so treating with antibiotics does nothing. Ask the vet to examine for FLUTD, it could be something as simple as that.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When was she treated for the UTI? With what & for how long? Was she re-tested after the course of anti-biotics?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AMYSCRAZY

Keller has been treated for UTI and doesn't seem to have any other problem other than being deaf and chewing on cords...those are problems I know
. She has started peeing in the sink and the tub. I am thankful that it is an easy to clean place but wonder what the issue could be? She is upset by my fostering other cats and kittens so I have stopped that. I am sure she can still smell them. The urine she is leaving in the sinks and bathtub smells a lot like spraying...really protein heavy and very distinct. She has been fixed for about 5 months now. What could be her issue?
This is only an issue because I have 4 kids that use the sinks and tubs.
We live in a three story home. For the first year and a half we had the cats' room on the first floor where there was the only litter box in the house. This worked fine and I was so happy. But lately I reported on this site that my older cat Alley who always sleeps with us, was having a problem making it all the way down the many stairs to her room. We started finding pee trails on the stairs. And just lately she had started using the 3rd floor bathtub. Well, several TCS members told me I had better put another litter box up on the third floor and that has solved the problem. I mention this because you did not say whether you lived in a flat or not.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Whenever my chronic bladder issue boy Muddy starts to pee on any hard, cold surface, I know he's got another UTI. I don't know what it is about them, but it's almost like the cold surface eases the pain in urinating.

I have another cat that has had an auto-immune disease for about 12 years now. He used the sink and bathtub for a very long time, and immediately switched to a litter box when I started to use full strength Cat Attract.

Check for a medical condition first and foremost, then you may want to check out your litter box situation. As others have suggested, do you have enough boxes and try using Cat Attract.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would be calling and making an appt with the vet ... sounds like a uti is back