Urinary Issues again

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

macy's mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just an update, Macy is doing better, playing eating and drinking and I am continuing to push water on him.  The only concern I have is that his pee balls are a bit small, the size of or a bit bigger than a golf ball.  Is that an ok size you think?

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A normal 10# cat will have urine clumps about the size of a golf ball.  Did you monitor the size before?  Were they larger?  Is he urinating more often?

macy's mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No he isn't going back and forth to the box, probably twice a day, and no licking, but they just seem smaller to me, so maybe just my paranoia kicking in...he is about 13lbs so the golf ball size is still good?

Last edited:

flintmccullough

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Golf ball size, is very good, that is ballpark, what you want. My crystal kitty is a little bigger than golf ball, but he gets alot of water mixed with his wet, twice a day, he has to, he has to stay flushed out.  In his case, if he isn't, then he gets bladder issues, because his urine is too concentrated, and it burns his bladder walls, learned this the hard way, when I tried to cut his wet back to once a day, and dry, the other meal. Vet said what did you change, I told her, she said, he "has" to have wet, mixed with alot of water. In his case, it works. 

Forcing the water on them, and keeping them flushed out, is the key.

Glad to hear Macy is feeling better.

Sonny is lovin his new home, lol, he has a zillion toys to play with, and soft kitty blankeys and soft Dallas Cowboys blankeys to sleepy on, lol, and best of all, he gets to watchy the Dallas Cowboys games, LOL. 

macy's mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I discovered that as long as I don't put the omega three stuff into Macys food he is eating the wet again, so I am holding off on it until I am confident that he is stable then might try again.

I am so glad that Sonny is enjoying his visit with the kittens,  but he has to come home soon, dad is missing him, that is his baby MOL!

flintmccullough

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The Big B didn't like that stuff either, so we had to go, what was in the food. He wouldn't eat L-Lysine mixed in his food either. He was supposed to be on it, but then he wouldn't eat either, vet said him eating every day, was more important. He was the president of the I ain't eatin no wet food club, at all, period. She just wanted him to eat.

Sonny loves it here, down in Big D, we told him he could go to the game tonight, he is so lookin forward to it, if he can stay awake, its the sunday night game. LOL. Jerry Jones said he would send him home, on his private jet, after the game, armed, of course, with alot of Dallas Cowboys souveneers, LOL. 

Tailgate party today, at 4pm, in Chicago, if ya can make it. Big game, Green Bay at Chicago. Pepper is hosting.  

macy's mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nice!  If Sonny isn't too tired he will be there!  Macy too, you know that have to go together like salt and pepper