URI or Allergies?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My kitties are always too nervous to eat anything in the vet's office! The treats come in many flavors, but my kitties prefer chicken. They are costly, but so worth it when it comes to giving them their medicine.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

yes - the lysine is an immune system 'booster', so to speak. even if it doesn't help prevent Lucky from catching Bugsy's cold, it certainly won't hurt either of them. mine all get it - either in their water, or their wet food.
Where does one purchase lysine?
thanks.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can get lysine from Wal-Mart in the vitamins/supplements section. They come in 500 mg tablets. Just grind them up between 2 spoons and sprinkle on wet food. I buy the big container of Lysine powder from the health food store. Grinding the tablets got old quick! It lasts us anywhere from 6-9 months depending on how much we have to give Hannah.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stephanietx

You can get lysine from Wal-Mart in the vitamins/supplements section. They come in 500 mg tablets. Just grind them up between 2 spoons and sprinkle on wet food. I buy the big container of Lysine powder from the health food store. Grinding the tablets got old quick! It lasts us anywhere from 6-9 months depending on how much we have to give Hannah.
Thanks for that info

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Thanks for that info
if you want to skip a step, it also comes in capsule form - just open the caps. or in a powder, altho i've only seen that form online.