URI Nursing Mother

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It always seems that when I pull from the shelter and the cat/kittens get sick shortly after, it is so much harder to get rid of than standard viruses, and if you think about it, all the varieties of viruses and all the places they come from, it makes sense that despite their cleaning protocols, the heartiest viruses survive, so they are tougher to get rid of, especially in kittens.

Due to the circumstances, they likely contracted their virus from the shelter rather from mom.

I can understand why she is acting so differently now after losing her other kids.

Poor girl :(

She was obviously someones pet, who knows why they end up at the shelter............sad.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jentralala

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to thank you so much for all your help, you really have been an absolute angel with everything and a definite calm in my storm. 

This whole ordeal just makes me even more of a spay/neuter advocate. If someone had just spayed their animal (and we have relatively CHEAP, easy access low cost spay/neuter throughout my county. There's literally no reason not to) this never would have happened. 

She is going to make an excellent pet for someone someday, she acts like a dog sometimes with how demanding and excited she gets for attention and cuddles. 

Finally got Carrot to sit still, and she's weighing in at a steady 10oz today. I want to try and take a picture to show them both to you. 

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AWWW!!! Oh my gosh how SWEET!!

Mom is a beauty and how cute and sweet baby is! Makes me just want to kiss and squeeze them both.

Poor mom, it's hard on her too.

LOVE how she is "holding" her Carrot :)

Thanks so much, and you are very welcome, glad to help if not the outcome I wish it had been.

Carrot actually looks pretty darn good, so does mom.

Just watch that weight gain, we want it to go up every day, at LEAST 6 gms. More is better!