Urgh

kazzy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok...sorry, I have to rant.
My boyfriend and I have a roommate, Erek. Erek doesn't have a job right now, but he has a car (we don't right now) and Justin and I work all the time so it's helpful to have someone help take care of the mess at home. So we made up a list of 'chores' for everyone, and Erek's is, of course, a little longer since he's home all day. And what does he do all day? Sit on his butt and play video games. When he complains about not having a job, but he never goes out and looks is really frustrating but you know what gets me the most? Here's the story.

We let him move in without a job because he had a car. We wanted him to find a job though, so that Justin and I could save up for our own car. I FINALLY got him set up working at the mall I do security at to do landscaping. I understand that with this heat, it's a REALLY tough job, just to clarify. Well, he starts the job at 5am, then calls me at 8:30 am to tell me he's quitting. Basically he's quitting because he got sick from the heat (at 8:30 am?). How did he quit? Well...he put down the weed-eater and walked across the street to a Burger King. He didn't even have the guts to tell them that he quits. And all he had to do was go to the Head of Maintenance and tell him he was getting sick and he would have brought him inside and let him take it easy since he wasn't used to the heat. But no, he just walks off.

The landscaping, housekeeping, maintenance, and security are all under one business. ERMC is the name. So, I put my name (as well as my boyfriend and my supervisor) on the line to get Erek hired. And he quits after three and a half hours and leaves equipment out on the side of a road....

Then he has the nerve to act like he has say-so in my apt. and not do a dang thing all day. It's so frustrating. I don't know what to do about it. I snapped at him earlier because he didn't do the dishes, AGAIN, so I didn't have anything clean to eat with. I hate having to work 12 hours to come home to this. I deal with enough crap at work doing security. I want to come home and relax, that's all. I do my little chores, and then just chill...and he gets to sit home all day and play games.

Sorry about the ridiculously long rant, but I'm about to explode from anger here and just had to let some steam off.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is the tv and game consoles he's playing on his? If any of them are yours put them in your bedroom with a lock on the door, or at the very least lock up the HDMI/SD cables. Password your computers and cable/satalite (if you have it).

Start charging rent. Tell him if he can't pay by a specific date he is out.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're doing him a huge favor and he's not even showing slight appreciation. I agree with strange_wings on everything. He's just taking advantage of the easy peasy situation he's got right now, and taking advantage of you and your bf. If you are getting stressed out coming home after working so many hours, it's time to get him to put up or get out.

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Where's the front door? Show it to him.

THE SITUATION WILL "NOT" CHANGE!

The complaining, the laziness, etc WILL NOT CHANGE! Time for him to leave. Fair warning...

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Is the tv and game consoles he's playing on his? If any of them are yours put them in your bedroom with a lock on the door, or at the very least lock up the HDMI/SD cables. Password your computers and cable/satalite (if you have it).

Start charging rent. Tell him if he can't pay by a specific date he is out.
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

You're doing him a huge favor and he's not even showing slight appreciation. I agree with strange_wings on everything. He's just taking advantage of the easy peasy situation he's got right now, and taking advantage of you and your bf. If you are getting stressed out coming home after working so many hours, it's time to get him to put up or get out.
Originally Posted by Whisky'sDad

Where's the front door? Show it to him.

THE SITUATION WILL "NOT" CHANGE!

The complaining, the laziness, etc WILL NOT CHANGE! Time for him to leave. Fair warning...
He is taking advantage of your kind nature, and doing nothing to say thank you in return, I would be booting him out now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kazzy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, I know...but the problem is he has the car, we don't have one. That's our only way to work. So it's a dilemma for sure...

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't there another way to get to work, a bus or train etc....you have to throw this guy out and fast.

trimph1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It'll do you both of you good--throw him out--get your own vehicle--no problems

I had something like that mysel--room mate from hell--did not wanna work--lazed around all day--ate my food--played with my pooter--all kindsa stuff--not good. And yes, I know about not having a vehicle--problem is that you end up enabling his laziness

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much are you spending each month on utilities for him and food - include the wear and tear on any of your electronics he uses into the cost.

It may actually be cheaper, in the long run, to get your own vehicle.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Put him out and find another way to work. He is not going to change.